Chapter 7

He did nothing.

He was already behind on his time schedule and had to leave me there.

I gave him a taunting little wave but I knew better than to trust his silence. The last thing I saw from the window was his smile and that's all I needed.

He won't let it go so easily and I won't go down without a fight.

That was two days ago and I felt his presence more than ever today.

I moved to work outside underneath the trees minutes after they mowed the lawn. Since I caught sight of security watching the little building where I work.

I saw her before she saw me.

Now focused on the computer as I hid in the shadows, I became distracted by the voices in the distance.

Looking up, I see the delivery guys approving me and my eyes widened.

They were carrying gifts and so much balloons that I know will draw too much attention to me.

Quickly saving the data, I locked the computer and starts packing my things.

"Miss!" One called and it urged me to move faster.

I left the blanket as I ran away, trying to find somewhere to hide.

"Miss!" I heard again.

Dashing across the pathway, I hid my ID underneath the brushes and went to seek my blindspot to hide.

It was hard to when I had the company issued device with me. I didn't trust that darn GPS.

Neither did I trust the necklace he gave me and I had taken it off this morning. No wonder he see the need to torment me like this.

I ended up seeing Jessica and I left her with the computer as I ran.

Finding the blind spot took time as I had to hide from people as well.

It's actually a little hole in the wall where they use to store batteries or something.

How I found this place was luck. I'm a master at hide and seek, so my childhood game now payed off.

Seated on my shoes, there was barely any light coming in from the board that blocks the entrance.

I wondered how long I could stay here and I prayed that I won't have to use the bathroom. Getting caught was the last thing on my mind.

Second, disappearing for hours sounds good, but for a whole day. That sounds better.

I'll just have to save the snacks and chocolate I have for later.

I ended up dozing off with my head leaned against the wall.

Thanks to the digital watch that lights up, I was able to see how late it was.

It was dark out and I still didn't feel like leaving. I was that stubborn and determined.

An with a great yawn, I hugged my bag tightly and closed my eyes again to welcome the sleep.

"Kiitana!" I heard a voice and I woke up again.

The voice came from outside and I almost answered but a yawn came out instead.

Going closer to the entrance, I looked out and saw lots of security walking around with flashlights.

I covered my mouth, holding back the laughter.

"Miss King!" Another shouted and I had to bite my lip.