Chapter 9

"As much as I miss them, I can't deal with them right now." Jessica complained.

We're in a charted taxi, making our way to my parents house in Richmond Estate, Ochi.

Deep down I didn't want to come home and I voiced it to Jess who made some changes to be here for me.

"I wish I had a big family like yours." I smiled.

"Why did your parents cut ties with them?" She inquired.

"Mommy's mother didn't want her to leave their parish and daddy's mother wanted him to marry someone with more class. The whole family was in on it so they cut ties and they made me promise that I will never contact them." I shrugged.

"I see why." She nods. "You can take mine since my parents loves you so much."

"Yeah and your siblings too." I teased.

"Exactly." She sighs. "You live further than I thought."

"Nope." I laughed, just as Rasta turned into the driveway to my childhood home.

"I forgot you were rich." She chuckled.

"I'm not. My travels and lifestyle was sponsored by my lovely neighbors." I revealed, letting the truth free.

Living off my bank of mommy and daddy only caters to everything I need underneath their roof.

Due to my first and only bad relationship, I seek for my parents but they were always working. My neighbors had more time to listen to me and maybe that's why I'm really here.

To see and thank my neighbors for this big opportunity that I got.

"I'm just curious about the cars." She pointed out and my brows furrowed.

My parents are never the type to keep parties. They barely invite their friends over.

I told Rasta to wait as the bad feeling I had starts to resurface.

I approached the house with Jess next to me and as I tried my keys, I realized that I'm locked out.

Frowning, I ringed the doorbell and waited.

"I don't like this, Ana." Jessica whispered.

"Me either." I said, just as the door opened.

Standing there on the other side of where I use to lay my head is Fabien. My ex.

He smirked when he saw me, not minding Jess who realized and took my arm.

"Welcome home." He greets.

"Where are my parents?" I asked.

He grins and points next to the garden area. When I looked, there is a for sale sign sticked in the dirt.

"You always have that excuse about needing to go home. Now here we are baby. I bought it as soon as it went on the market." He revealed.

Without a second thought, I allowed Jess to pull me away.

"Where are you going, baby?" He asked.

"Fuck you." I hissed.

"See you around." He sends me a kiss, watching us leave.

Back in the car, I tried calling my parents but I'm not getting through to either of their numbers.

"Go next door." I told Rasta, pointing to my second home.

Calling uncle Luke, he answered immediately.

"Hello good afternoon, this is Luke Malcom." He greets.