Chapter 7

Y/n's POV

Y/n's POV

It was time for the first challenge and eat of you were in a tent waiting for the match to start. You wore a slytherin top that said your name, but underneath was the fireproof clothing. Everyone began to pick out a random dragon to fight and when you picked yours, it looked quite familiar.

Next, it was your turn before Harry. You walked out onto the match to see that everyone in the crowd was cheering for you, except for Malfoy, who just scoffed when he saw you. The large greenish dragon appeared and growled when it saw you.

It blew fire at you , making you jump behind a large boulder for cover. When you saw the egg in sight, you turned to run after it but then looked deep into the eyes of the dragon. It blew a large wave of fire at you, and everyone thought that you would die from burning to death.

But when the flames faded, you were stood there, unharmed.

Everyone gasped in shock and surprise and watched you slowly walk over to the dragon. Its piercing gaze never left yours and you soon realised who it was. You forget about everyone watching the arena and focused on the dragon.
" Rhaegal? Is that you, bud?"

He growled and placed his snout against your hand. This gave you hope that there is a way to go back home, you just needed to investigate further into this curse. You looked at the chains that were around his neck and visibly glared at them, finding it irritating that they would do such a thing.
You spoke in old Valyrian,
" Nyke jāhor māzigon arlī syt ao tolī, alright bud? ( I will come back for you later, alright bud?"

He growled in response, accepting and let you take the egg. Everyone cheered, especially Slytherin. Whereas Dumbledore and Hagrid exchanged nervous looks. Not for you but for them and the school. Now you had three large grown dragons that can destroy anything you command them too.

You walked back into the tent, only to be bombarded with more questions from both the annoying news reporter and the other contestants. Harry asked with a bright smile,
" How did you tame it like that? That's was cool!"

Fleur stood beside him, speaking in her French accent,
" How did you survive the flames of the dragon? Are you magic?"

You didn't get to respond since Harry was going onto the pitch with another dragon. You could tell just by looking at it that it was vicious and wild. You winced and watched in worry as he barely dodged the hits of its spiky tail, any closer he would have been dead.

Then your eyes widened in shock when it broke its own chains off and began to chase Harry around the school. You looked at Dumbledore, and he sensed your stare, pleading him to let you help him. This dragon was dangerous. He hesitated but yelled,
" Y/n, help him now!"

You nodded and ran onto the pitch without a second thought. You whistled loudly, making it echo throughout the stadium and before you knew it, Rhaenyra flew over and landed beside you. Viserys must be hunting because he didn't arrive, but right now, you didn't care.

" Jāhor ao ivestragī issa kipagon ao, hāedar? ( Will you let me ride you, girl?"

She growled lowly and lowered herself to the ground. You smiled and climbed up her wing and onto her back. You gripped onto her scales as she began to fly out of the stadium. You ignored the shocked stares of the audience and followed to where the dragon was chasing Harry.

When you reached him, you had to distract the dragon from the boy, who was hanging for his life off the building. You yelled,
" Dracarys!"

With that, Rhaenyra blasted fire from her mouth and onto the fierce dragon. You knew it wouldn't harm it since dragons were fire proof. The dragon turned its attention to you and started to chase Rhaenyra, clearly pissed off by the action. Harry thanked you and went back to the stadium to collect his egg.

You looked behind you to see that he was still chasing you, and before it could get his claws on your dragon. Viserys appeared and roared at the dragon, quite loudly. It flew back from being surrounded by two dragons and flew away.

You sighed in relief and landed back into the stadium, ignoring the cheers of you practically saving Harry's life. You didn't care that some disagreed on what you did, it saved a life and that's all you cared about.

" Nyke'll ūndegon ao both aderī. ( I'll see you both soon ,"

With that they nuzzled their noses into your hands and flew away, probably to go hunting again. You then walked back into the tent to see the shocked faces of the contestants. And within that stare, a glint of fear was buried within their gaze. Fear of you.