Chapter 13: Remedies

Jasmine awoke slowly and startled as she felt an arm wrapped around her waist. She could feel herself getting more excited by the minute as she realised Levi was practically spooning her. She knew this was entirely counterintuitive to her plans of quashing her crush, but surely a couple more minutes wouldn't hurt.

"And they were happy." Levi muttered. She smiled at that.

"When they were riding the egg." She frowned, confused, and turned her head to face him – he was still fast asleep. She bit back a laugh. She'd never realised he'd talked in his sleep – but then again the man barely slept!

"What egg?" She wondered if he'd respond.

"Y'know the egg with wheels." He was talking pure nonsense. His eyes shot open and he smiled upon seeing Jasmine.

"Hey." His voice was soft. A few seconds passed before Levi gained full consciousness.

"Wait, what are you doing in my tent?"

"This is my tent, dummy. You fell asleep and I couldn't wake you!" Levi realised he had his arm around Jasmine and slowly extracted it before grimacing – pain shot through his arm. He sat up and tried to move his shoulder, wincing.

"You okay?"

"Hurt it yesterday." His face was contorted. Jasmine rummaged through her bag before pulling out a small yellow bottle of ointment.

"Take your shirt off." She instructed.

"Buy me dinner first." Levi grinned before wincing in pain once more. He gently took off his shirt, moving awkwardly around his injured shoulder. Jasmine warmed up the ointment in her hands and got to work rubbing it into his shoulder blade. She felt his taut muscles under her hands but focused on kneading his shoulder and back. She could feel anticipation building in the pit of her stomach, but firmly reminded herself that she was just treating a friend's injury – that was all.

Levi enjoyed the feel of Jasmine's soft hands on his back. His mind was moving into dangerous territory – thoughts of her hands straying lower.

"Alright - all done. You should leave before someone sees you." Jasmine gave his back two quick pats and sent him off on his way.

It was still early but Levi checked that the coast was clear before sneaking back to his tent.

"Walk of shaaaaame." Hange sat on a log, sipping a mug of tea.

"Had a good night there, buddy?" They had a shit-eating grin plastered across their face.

"Shut up, Four Eyes. I happened to fall asleep in there – that's all."

"What were you doing in there in the first place?" Hange's eyes widened.

"I was trying to get away from Springer and his damn mouth. Didn't want to catch a murder charge." He muttered the excuse before retreating into his tent. Hange enjoyed watching Levi squirm. He was always so cool, calm and composed so they found it hilarious how frazzled Jasmine seemed to make him.

**********

THURSDAY

The scouts were back at the castle and the newest recruits were still trying to familiarise themselves with the timetable they would be expected to follow on their working days. After years of training, the newbies were accustomed to the heavily regimented days they would be facing but each division did things slightly differently and there would always be a bit of a learning curve. Timetables had been plastered on walls around the castle so nobody had an excuse for being late or for not knowing what they were supposed to be doing.