Part 2: Chapter 7: The Girl and The Toad

I'm cowboyalchemist on Discord. Due to a new policy on the server, I had to change my username. Come on over if you want to chat and talk about ideas. If you want an invite to join my Discord server, you only have to ask me.

Exciting news for all of you. I have begun a Patreon for my work! If you want to see the new chapters one week before they appear publicly, you can become a Patreon member. I'd really appreciate the support if you could.

Sasha found herself back in the hallways of Saint James Middle School, her old stomping grounds. Here, she was the queen bee. No one dared say anything against her, talk behind her back, or stand up to her. Looking down, she smiled when she saw that she was back in her school uniform.

But, something wasn't right. Pulling out a pocket mirror, she looked at herself and noticed that her scars were gone. Her face seemed as perfect as it had been before she, the girls, and Frank became trapped in Amphibia. Not only that, she saw a banner for the school's baseball team and the game they were going to play soon.

It was dated 2018. One year ago.

"Hello, Miss Waybright," said a familiar, echoing voice that made Sasha spin around. However, no one was with her in the empty hallways. "I wanted to talk to you about your behavior lately. "

"Principal Murphy?" Sasha called out.

"Sasha, I really think we should—"

Sasha was started by someone slamming their hand on a locker. Now, she finds herself back in the halls of her old elementary school. In front of her are her ten-year-old self and Anne. Watching from the sidelines, the girl watches herself berating her best friend.

"Anne, this isn't cute anymore. Perhaps you need a reminder of what friends do for each other." She said, poking Anne in the chest with a stern glare. "If a friend likes a pencil case, you get it for them. If your friend likes your new shoes, you give them to her. And if a friend wants you to ditch a boy, then you do it, because that's what friends do, Anne! And if you're not willing to do that for me, then we're no longer friends. End. Of. Discussion."

"What?" Sasha gasped, wincing when she heard that.

She had used that one praise on Anne that she'd become numb to how it felt to be on the receiving end. It was her mom's favorite way of getting her daughter to do as she was told. It was met to control her, and Sasha had, in turn, used it on her best friend. It gave her a sense of control. Just the threat of ending their friendship, a friendship they had since kindergarten, was enough to make Anne bend to her will.

Yet, now, she felt genuinely shocked to see it play out.

Suddenly, clad in what was left of her armor, she was right where she stood on that fateful night. She was back to that very moment, watching in shock as the fat businessman's secretary was forced to pin the blame on Frank, leading to him being handcuffed. Witnessing everything with her very eyes. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. Her plans to steal the shoes were ruined, and Frank was now being arrested for her crime.

Only this time, Sasha didn't hesitate to react.

"No, wait! WAIT!"Sasha screamed, running out across the street. Without thinking, she tried to open the door. It was locked. Frantically, the blonde girl tried pulling on the door, all while Frank sat there in the dark, alone in misery after her actions destroyed his life. "Please! There's been a mix up! L-Let me explain!"

"Explain what? That it was you all this time?" Frank's shaking, rage-filled voice asked Sasha, her mind unable to shake it off as it rang in her consciousness. "You're responsible for everything that happened that night."