Part 2: Chapter 4: The Primal Theory

I'm cowboyalchemist on Discord. Due to a new policy on the server, I had to change my username. Come on over if you want to chat and talk about ideas. If you want an invite to join my discord server, you only have to ask me.

Frank had been trying to put the things he saw in the cave in the back of his wary mind. However, some things are easier said than done. The mural was like an unfinished prophecy that stopped predicting what would happen to him when he found it. Unable to see what would happen past his discovery and only know of the final battle that would kill him. That's not something that can be easily forgotten.

Other than that, it wasn't all that bad. The journey has been peaceful since leaving the mountains. Right now, the fwagon, driven by Hop Pop, was passing through a wide-open valley. The long trip allowed Anne and Frank to introduce Sprig and Polly to movies they liked from their universe.

Which was why he was sitting on the bed with Sprig and Anne, watching one of her shows. The young frog boy was rolled up in a blanket, and the Thai girl, who was tearing up, sat on his left side. Meanwhile, Frank was sitting on Sprig's right. They were watching the series From Pointe to Poppin on Anne's cell phone.

It was a bad show, but the Thai girl really liked it.

And, like Anne said, it totally didn't have anything to do with her rocky relationship with her own mom.

They were at the big climatic moment of the show, with the mother and daughter together in a dance studio as the daughter, Mariah, had just been caught by her mother breakdancing. Dressed like a ballerina, Mariah stood up on her toes and posed. "Don't you get it, Mother? I know you want me to be a ballerina, but my heart belongs to hip‐hop," she said, performing a brief breakdance before looking at her mother nervously. "Are you disappointed?"

"Yes, I'm disappointed by all the money I wasted on this class," Frank said, only to get punched in the arm by Anne.

Turning back to her show, Anne quoted Mariah's Mother as the woman spoke. Both her and the girl's eyes were tearing up. "No, I'm proud of you. All that hipping and hopping was breathtaking."

Mariah and her mother hugged each other and started crying. "Oh, Mother.

"Oh, Mariah," the mother cried before the credits started rolling, and Anne began crying, wholly moved by the show's most significant plot moment up to that point.

"And that is the masterpiece, From Pointe to Poppin," she said to Sprig and Frank after she stopped sobbing.

Sprig said, "Talk about an emotional roller coaster—" Suddenly, the fwagon stopped abruptly. Frank yelled as he and Sprig fell off the bed and crashed down on the floor together. Both of them groaned in pain as Anne looked down in concern.

"Frank! You all right, buddy?" Anne exclaimed, looking down from the bed at her crush with a concerned expression.

"I'm good, too," Sprig said as he lay on top of Frank's chest. His fall had been cushioned by the Hispanic boy, much to his annoyance.

"Get off me!" Frank pushed his froggy friend off and sat up, rubbing his head in pain. "What the hell's going on out there?"

Climbing up to the door on the roof, Frank pushed it open and poked his head up. He faced his froggy grandfather and saw what was going on. The carriage was currently going up a steep slope, one that had been gradually becoming steeper and steeper the further up the road. And now, it was becoming too much for the beloved snail.

"Come on, Bessie. Come on," Hop Pop encouraged the family snail as Bessie let out stranded chirps. "Almost there." He turned back to the human boy. "Frank, help her!"