Part 2: Chapter 1: Ruins of Despair

"There you are, sonny, just as you've requested. What do you think?" Mrs. Croaker asked as she stood beside her pet spider, Archie. She was in her living room, finishing her newest sewing project. She stepped back to allow Frank to see her handiwork.

Turning to her body mirror, Frank marveled at his newest article of clothing. Per his request, Mrs. Croaker had sewn him a dark green poncho for his journal to Newtopia. Adorning the poncho was Amphibia's frog foot symbol. "I love it!" Frank said, reaching back and pinching the hood of the poncho. "Thank you, Mrs. Croaker."

"No need to thank me, sonny

"No need to thank me, sonny. I'll have this fixed up by the time you five come back," she said, holding Frank's torn-up jacket. When Frank came to her, he asked if she could fix his grandfather's m65 field jacket, and the old frog was happy to help. Not only did she agree, but she also made the garment for the Hispanic boy to wear while on his travels.

"Alright, I'd better be going. We're leaving today, so bye, Mrs. Croaker," Frank said, walking over to the door and opening it.

"Don't go dying on us," Mrs. Croaker said jokingly as the door closed before Frank.

Walking down the road toward the Plantar home, Frank took out his journal to write down some new notes and his thoughts. As he wrote, he occasionally looked up and smiled at the world that he was in. Amphibia was a savage death trap, but it had some of the most beautiful sights the Hispanic boy had seen. Helping to put a smile on Frank's face after the fight five days ago.

It had been nearly a week since Frank battled Sasha and learned the truth. How she was the shoe thief that framed him and got him arrested for her crime. Thinking about her filled Frank with resentful bitterness, as her actions ruined his life. However, seeing her falling and nearly dying had given him moments of pause whenever Frank thought about it. He wanted Sasha to pay for what she did to him, but he didn't want her to be killed.

The situation with her was confusing. There was no doubting it. Frank wanted justice for what his former friend did to him. He wanted her to suffer the same injustice he had to go through. Yet, at the same time, he didn't know if he could ever forgive her. Anne, his best friend and crush, wanted to believe there was still good in Sasha. And a small part of Frank did too. However, for him to think about forgiving the blonde girl was out of the question. The blonde girl had burnt him in a way no one could have, and the idea of forgiveness was far too soon to consider. The wound she left in his soul was still fresh, and he needed time to contemplate his decision.

As he wrote all of this in his journal, Frank saw that he was coming up on the Plantar's house. And parked in front of the farmhouse and hooked up to Bessie, the snail was a caravan wagon the family would use to go to Newtopia.

Hop Pop called it a "Fwagon."

As a miniature version of the farm, it contained everything they would need, from rooms, windows, and the Plantar emblem hanging on a branch protruding from the back of the wagon. On the front, it possessed a green seat where the driver sat to control and steer Bessie. It had a set of two enormous wooden doors on the back with silver engravings and a sign above it with "Pondskipper" displayed. Two main doors on either side of the wagon featured a small carving of Hop Pop and were kept lit by a translucent metal globe that contained fireflies to provide light. Glowing red mushrooms served as taillights, and a wooden barrel was placed between them. On the front, a few plants are located under a window, surrounded by two yellow bioluminescent mushrooms.