Part 1: Chapter 7: Taking Charge

It was another lovely day, as life at the Plantar home was slow going. The Plantars and teenagers had taken everything care of the previous day, and now the family was just relaxing inside. Frank, meanwhile, was outside fishing on the back patio with his newly constructed fishing rod. Sending the thin wire out as far as he could, Frank patiently for a fish to come around.

This was something he used to do with a spear, but for the past few days, he's managed to make a makeshift rod. As he leaned back on a sack of potatoes with his legs crossed, Frank started to close his eyes for a rest.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHH!" He jolted upright when he heard Anne's voice screaming from down in the basement. Discarding his fishing rod, Frank ran back into the house and rushed into the living, where Hop Pop, Sprig, and Polly were hanging out.

"Anne? Are you okay?" Frank ran to the door to the basement and was able to open it when Anne suddenly threw it open. Hitting him in the face and sending him onto the ground.

"Guys, guys, guys, guys, guys! Look!" Anne said, looking all excited, and showed them her phone.

The family of frogs looked at her with confused looks, while Frank held his nose for a moment before seeing what was on her screen. "What are we looking at here?" asked Polly.

"Wait, is that...." Frank let go of his nose to point at the screen.

"Suspicion Island. It's, like, my favorite show," Anne said, showing the title of the show on her phone, before climbing out of the basement and closing the door. "I've got the new season and didn't even know it. It must have auto-downloaded before we got here."

"Awesome!" Frank cheered, throwing his fists in the air.

"Who's this Otto?" Sprig asked, looking confused with a hand under his chin.

Polly then cut in by pushing his goggles over his eyes. "And how did you download him?"

"My grandma watches this show," Frank said with a smile. "It's basically about a bunch of beautiful people doing dumb things while stuff explodes."

"It's literally perfect. Just watch," Anne said, pressing play and facing the screen towards the others as the video started.

"Previously on Suspicion Island." Said the narrator before showing a scene where the beautiful, yet dumb characters are walking through the jungle.

"I've got a lot of feelings about this place," said one of the characters.

"Welcome to our life," Frank joked, which made Anne snicker.

"Look! More Annes and Franks!" Sprig said, pointing at the humans.

"Haha! They have noses." laughed Polly.

"I feel like everyone on this island is suspicious, Peruvia, except you!" Said one of the characters, Randy, to Peruiva as he placed a hand on her cheek.

"But, Randy, I think you're suspicious!" Peruvia said, slapping his hand away.

"No!" Randy screamed with tears in his eyes, before the scene suddenly exploded.

"Suspicion Island. If you don't stay suspicious, you won't stay alive."

"What is this demonic nonsense?" Hop Pop asked, not liking what he saw.

"It's like a stupider version of Lost, but it makes sense," Frank said, leaning on the arm of the couch. "It's actually pretty good with a big mystery element and a lot of humor that goes over kids' heads. You guys wanna it?"

"Heck yeah!" Sprig and Polly cheered together, especially when they heard about the humor.

"Now, hold on," protested Hop Pop, holding up his hands. "Instead of that garbage, how 'bout I treat you to some real entertainment?"