The texts

Austin sat in his sister's hotel room, scrolling through his phone while he waited for her to finish getting ready for the after party. He loved his sister but award season was a bit boring and repetitive. As he mindlessly scrolled through social media, he suddenly heard a loud ping coming from Taylor's phone. Then another. And another. They just kept going. Maybe it was urgent ?

Curiosity getting the best of him, Austin glanced over at the phone and saw a string of messages from Travis on her Lock Screen. He only saw a few lines and his eyes widened in horror as he realized they were dirty messages. Thankfully he didn't see the full messages and it was just words,  but it was definitely not what he wanted to see. 

Feeling uncomfortable and stunned, Austin quickly averted his eyes and tried to focus on something else, anything else. But the pings kept coming making it hard to forget. Eventually he had enough 

" Taylor,  for the love of god make those messages stop! I accidentally saw that shit and I'm scarred for life! " he yells 

Taylor comes out of the bathroom, new dress on. " what? What are you on about?? " she says annoyed. 

He points toward her phone. " you better hope Tree doesn't get word of this, although maybe  she should because someone needs to shame you two!" 

Taylor's still confused but grabs her phone,  her face turns beet red as soon as she see's the very explicit messages Travis sent.  " oh my god! Oh my god. Austin I'm so sorry those weren't meant for you to see! I can't believe he actually typed and sent this stuff" She's mortified 

Austin on the other hand is now  able to laugh seeing how uncomfortable his sister is

" you can't possibly be this image savvy and be doing this Teffy. Phones aren't as private as we want" 

"I know! I'm not! This is all Trav. I had no idea he even sent these, I've told him we have to be careful" 

" well clearly he needs a reminder. I'm just thankful he didn't utilize that camera" 

" no that's is definitely a hard limit for us. Thank god"  

" please, no use of the word 'hard' I'm begging"  Austin teases.  He then changes his tone when he realizes Taylor is still upset " hey. It's nothing we can't laugh about right? "

" yeah. I'm just a bit upset and surprised. He knows how paranoid I can be about privacy and leaks, I don't know what he was thinking" 

" i don't want to think about what he was thinking Tay, you're my sister. It was probably intended as a spicy game."

She just stayed silent. 

" I think you have to remember you're the first famous person he's been involved with. There's gonna be some occasional missteps where he might not know exactly where that line is...you just gotta be a bit more clear with him" 

"That's a good point."  She knew it was likely

" I'm still gonna tease you for this, and use this to invoke fear in the man. It's good blackmail for everyone" 

"Austin I swear if you start blabbing about this to mom or dad I will personally end you."

" I wouldn't, that would be even more awkward. I never want to see anything like that from my sister" 

Taylor's stylist came from the other room and helps her with the accessories and checks the fit. The rest of the night goes on without any issues 

////

She called him later. FaceTime. It was a bit late and they were both in bed

" Hey, finally I've been waiting to see that pretty face!"