Chases

Taylor's pov

I was in the car ready to leave a show when suddenly the vehicle was surrounded by fans and paparazzi , the were banging on the windows and putting their cameras up against the glass. 

We couldn't  move. 

I don't even know how they knew which car I was in. I travel in blacked out vehicles, in a motorcade of nondescript cars. But they likely saw me or Tree get in.  The police escorts and other security were clearing  the crowded streets  for our motorcade, only for us to be chased by paps on motorcycles and cars a few seconds later. 

I was scared. I've had some paps follow our car before, I've had my car chased by people on foot. and we've had motorcycles doing dangerous stuff while filming a mv in london.  People running  trying to chase my car in New York  was scary, but it was an easier situation for security to handle. Plus a car eventually will lose people. Folks following us in other vehicles was something else, they weren't simply following either they were chasing us 

The motorcycle paps were the worst. They are the worse. They are dangerous. They were  cutting off other cars, speeding and weaving their way closer to us.

We could see the flashes everywhere. 

Out of curiosity, I loosen my seatbelt and twist to look over my shoulder and out the back window, only to see some cameras aimed right at us.  There was at least five of them on our tail. Along with what I assume are media vans further back.  I quickly face forward breathing was heavy, I knew I was on the verge of a panic attack. My Security team is talking  into their ear pieces but I'm not able to Focus on much. This is terrifying and I feel like an animal being hunted. I just want to be back at the hotel. I want to to curl up in Travis' arms, but unfortunately  I was in Europe and he was in KC.  

Tree, who was sitting in the back with me reached for my hand giving it a reassuring squeeze 

" we're gonna be okay, we're still boxed in by our motorcade  right now. And they are trained for these kind of situations"  She reminds me 

I just nod. My parents had thankfully left the stadium a bit earlier and were already at the hotel. At least I knew they were safe. 

I hear my security talking again, the police escorts have their sirens on and are signaling other cars to stay away, we don't want anyone else getting hurt. 

"What's the plan? " I hear David ask my other security Brandon, who was in the passages seat eyeing the scene and speaking to other members of the team. 

" Don't  speed to ditch them. Remain calm. We don't want to turn this into a high speed chase" Brandon answers

I knew my security were highly trained and that should calm my fears but it didn't. I'm pretty sure I was shaking. It was too much , I hunched over with my head in my hands and broke down. 

I could faintly hear Tree calling someone on her phone but I didn't care. I knew Trav was in the middle of a game so it couldn't have been him.  Tree hung up , then rubbed my back and passed me some tissues she has in her purse. Eventually we made it to the hotel. It was all a bit of a daze. I was disassociating to keep myself from becoming even more of a mess. I had just stopped the tears. 

I was ready to head home after tomorrow. 

Travis's Pov

I went back to the locker room to change, checking my phone. I smiled when I saw a text from Taylor sent before the show wishing me luck. Then frowned when I saw 2 missed called and a voicemail from Tree. I knew in my gut that wasn't a good sign, Taylor's publicist wouldn't be calling and leaving voicemails just because.