Hurt

A/N strangely I started this before the ankle thing lol

Taylor Swift had been dating Travis Kelsey for a while now, and she was always supportive of his passion for playing football. She was there to cheer him on at  almost every game, and had become friends with some of his teammates and their families. 

This particular game, however, was different. Travis had been tackled hard during a play, and he was lying on the ground, not moving. Taylor's heart stopped.  

She immediately  rushed out of the vip box with her security following behind, heading straight to the locker room to meet him. She knew he'd be headed there to be checked over and get x-rays. She wished she could rush into the field and push her way through all those players and coaches to get to him, but rules are rules. And she knew she has to give the experts space to assess the injuries. 

She waited in the locker room while watching from the tv mounted on the wall. She was relived to see he was conscious and as he was helped to the sidelines by his teammates, who stayed with him as the medical team checked him out. She couldn't see much once he was in the med tent on the sidelines, but the announcer was giving a brief rundown. And she knew they would be bringing him back here for a more through exam and scans shortly. 

She waited by the door to the locker room , wanting to be the first face he saw. It wasn't long before he was here. They had him on a stretcher just to be safe, despite his repeated insistence he can walk.  She was grateful the team doctors ignored him and followed protocol. 

" Tay?" He says reaching to her and sitting up more to get her 

" kelce lay down!" The doctor ordered 

"Hey baby, I'm here. It's alright" she appeared by his side, placing  a kiss on his head and squeezed his hand. She didn't know how much she could even touch him so she played it safe. 

She  followed behind them as they took Travis to the med room where he is was  further assessed. He had some scans to rule out anything serious. And only then was he  allowed off the stretcher. 

There was so much going on at once. The doctor was asking Travis questions. 

 The attending physicians were grabbing various supplies. They had stripped him down to his underwear,  while poking and prodding  trying to catch any injuries that weren't visible  on the scan. At one point he gasped as his right rib was examined. Taylor grabbed his hand again 

" right rib?" The doctor asked 

" yes. is it a pull or a bruised rib?" A sports nurse questioned. 

Taylor didn't know much about sports injuries but she just hoped if one was better, he had that. 

 "  it might be to early to say for sure. Could be both intercostal muscle strain and the bone. All I can see upon physical examination and CT is swelling and a bit of redness"

" well I think our main concern is just going to be controlling the swelling and pain. The good  news is nothing is broken "

"What's that?" Taylor asks as the team doctor gets some syringes and small vials out prepared to inject something 

"Toradol. it's a very potent anti inflammatory and pain relief, think advil x500. It's pretty standard in athletes. And this is a corticosteroid shot. And that is just a small  lidocaine injection."  He answered cleaning the skin and injecting right into Travis' rib area

"I'm sure Travis knows the treatment for this, but we all know he's not  gonna follow that advice to a t, so is there anything I should know? " Taylor asked, earning a playful pinch from Travis