Hopper The Bunny.

(MEIKO POV)

I buried myself in my dad's hug. I didn't want him to leave.

"I'll be sure to come back, meimei." He brushed his hands on my head as I felt tears racing down my cheek.

"Okay, papa.." I embraced him tighter. He then patted my shoulder, and stood up to separate the hug.

"I promise I'll be back. It'll just be a few weeks. And when I come back, I can buy all the toys you want!" He held out his pinky to mine. I then hung my other pinky onto his.

"Pinky promise?.." I asked.

"Pinky promise." He repeated.

He then left for his car, and I sobbed into my moms arm. My meemaw then hugged me as well. Me and my dad had a great bond with each other, and it took a lot of strength out of me for him to leave.

After two days when he left, I was still in sorrow. My mom and meemaw tried to make me feel better to go out.

"Hey, Meimei.. Want us to go to the store?" My meemaw asked me. I nodded, and got into my shoes. I wore a red dress with light up sketchers. We went walking to the nearby stores. The town was small, and really friendly and public, so many people knew us by now as friends. They mostly knew my father since he was such a nice guy.

"Hi, Meiko!" One of the other kids greeted me along with their other friends. I waved.

"Where are you going?" Asked one of them.

"To the store." I answered.

"Oh! Okay! Have fun!" They then walked off.

"What store do you want to go to, Meimei?"

"To the pet store." I answered.

My meemaw nodded in approval, and we walked to the pet store. After we got there, I wanted to look at the bunnies first. I walked around the store while my meemaw made herself busy looking at the cats. I turned around the section of the guinea pigs, and I saw the bunnies. I walked closer to the glassed tank and watched that one bunny that was eating its food. It was also cleaning its face right after it was done.

"Aww!" I squealed. My meemaw then found me, and crouched down beside me.

"Aww.. How cute! You really like this bunny right?"

"Yeah.." I seriously did.. Something about it made me feel like we were already connected. Like I knew that bunny forever. My meemaw smirked, and told a worker nearby how to buy a bunny, she even asked the price.

"Woosh.. That much for a bunny?.. Are you serious.." My meemaw eyes widened in surprise. "Okay... I'll get it. She took out her purse to get out the wallet she had. As she was counting up her money, she told me to find equipment for the bunny.

"Wait-Wait what..?" I asked.

"You're getting a pet!" My meemaw responded.

"But- What about mom-"

"Don't worry about her. I'll figure something out.." She smiled, and gathered her money. "Go! Go!" I then rushed to find things for the bunny.

We then came back home. I unboxed the bunny from the cage, and held it close to me.

"He's so soft, meemaw!" I gleamed.

My meemaw laughed. "Alright.. Let's set up the cage."

We both then added grass, hay, the food, water, and toys inside for his cage.

"What are you going to name him?"

"Hopper!" I exclaimed.

He lived a long, happy life.

35