Faith.

(KAITO POV)

My.. My shovel. My shovel. It was broken into halves. That stupid teacher. I could have taken it and tape it. Why did he take me away?

"Kaito, your behavior is getting more out of hand. If you continue to keep acting like this we might have to switch you to another school."

"What..?"

"Yes. You heard me. We might have to switch you to another school."

"But I can't help it. Everything makes me angry."

"That's what we've been hearing for these past months. Your excuses don't make it okay for you to behave like this."

"I can't help-"

"Shut your trap, and just behave for once."

"..Okay." I gave up arguing, I didn't want to be discipline at home tonight.

I left the office, gripping on my fingers. Where is that shovel? I went back to trace my steps on where I left it. I saw it laying there in halves. No. No. No... I picked it up, and was ready to go home.

I went home, and saw my mom waiting for me on the living room couch.

"Mom?"

"Kaito." She stood up, crossing her arms at me.

"Yes.."

"They called me, and you're still not behaving well. What is wrong with you? Why can't you act normal like the other kids?"

"I'm sorry-"

"Don't say sorry to me. You're not even sorry. You think your bitchass can be accepted by every excuse you make?? No. Life isn't easy. Get it right in your head Kaito."

"What..? Mom?.. I never said tha-"

"Shut the fuck up. They want you to switch SCHOOLS! SCHOOLS YOU HEAR?!"

I flinched and nodded my head trying not to break into tears.

"WHY ARE YOU TREATING ME SO BADLY!?" I interjected.

"TALKING BACK NOW? I SEE. YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT. I WILL TEACH YOU A LESSON AND STOP TILL YOU FUCKING BEHAVE!"

"Wait.. Mom, I'm sorry.." I whimpered, breaking into tears.

My mom shook her head in denial, walking to her room taking out a belt. She kept saying that this was my lesson. She grabbed me by my hair and dragged me to the sink, drowning me into the hot fuming water. I gasped for air. I seriously thought I was going to die. It hurted everywhere.. She kept jerking me with the belt, and the shovel was just laying on the floor. I sobbed, and apologized, but she didn't stop. My whole body was so sore. Bruises, and cuts scattered throughout my back, and face. Too sore to even move. I lay there on the bathroom floor. Hugging my legs and shaking in fear. I wanted to run, but there was nowhere else to go. I just lay there on the bathroom floor, slowly falling asleep from exhaustion. I slept on that dirty, cold floor.

I got up, my eyes slowly blinking. My mom was passed out on the chair with a few beers on the side of the sofa, and her hand was holding a cigarette. I was not surprised, she's always been like this after my dad left. I went to her room. She would always hide my bruises with this cream, and a few bandages. I hid the bruises with the substance, and blended it out. I then stuck on a bandaid at the top of my eyebrow where the busted wound was on. My arm was covered in wounds, and bruises. I hid the bruise and the red marks with the pigment cream. I then put the bandaid on top of the chapped skin. I repeated the same thing on my leg. I then grabbed my backpack. I had to hold it because my back wasn't capable of carrying it. I then closed the door and left to walk to school.

I just wanted to lash out, but for my sake I didn't.

5