ELEVEN

I hate the moment when suddenly my anger turns into tears~ROLEX

Bloom...

I stared at the woman who just kept on smiling at us.

"Oh right, sorry" she said taking out a pair of gloves and a bunch of keys.

After putting on the gloves, I watched her open the door to the cell we were in.

Few days ago, I actually learnt that we were sitting in a 'cell' not a 'cage'.

Ari says and I quote, 'Cages are for dogs not wolves and we're not dogs'

I wanted to say that we were technically dogs but I kept my mouth shut knowing for a fact that she was going to win the argument that I'm sure will take place if I told her of my opinion.

The scraping of metal made me jerk backwards.

We stood there while I stared at the door that was held open by the woman.

"Are you planning on standing there all day?" said the woman smiling at us.

No one has spared us a proper glance and this woman was smiling at me.

Ari grabbed my hands and pulled me outside, her eyes trained on the woman intently waiting for her to make a move.

She locked the door while I just stood there watching her close the door.

Why am I not running?

'Because our mate is here and we can't leave him?' Mel practically yelled at me.

"Finally" the woman said exasperatedly keeping the keys in her pocket before she turned to us, a smile still plastered on her face.

"So I'm guessing you're Xerox mate" the woman said smiling at me.

I nodded still surprised at the fact she was nice to me.

"And you're Alexander's mate" the woman said smiling at Ari.

Ari nodded obviously feeling confused as to why she was smiling at us and not glaring at us like others.

"I'm Kace, Xerox and Alexander's mother. What are your names?"

she said smiling at me.

"I'm bloom" I said quietly hoping she heard me.

"I'm Ariana" Ari said still staring very intently at the lady in front of us.

"I'm glad, I finally got to meet you two. You're really pre... "

I heard a small sound coming from her wrist.

"Oh my goddess" the woman said staring at her wrist and before Ari could ask what was wrong, She had grabbed my wrist and began to pull me alongside Ari to the exit.

She was very strong for her age and I'm guessing she's around 48-50 years.

She kept on pulling us towards goddess knows where but her grip on us wasn't too tight to hurt us or too loose for us to escape.

As if I would.

I admired the sky as it changed colours and I couldn't help the sigh of relaxation that slipped through my lips when a gentle breeze wiped against my skin bringing along the sweet smell of nature that filled my senses.

Soon enough, we arrived at a clearing.

The house in front of me was too small for a pack house.

Looking at Ari, she seemed shocked as well.

Remembering the stories she told me about pack life. The pack house was where pack members reside but mated couples could live around the pack house if they like.

"This is where I live with my two sons and daughter. We live about two to three miles away from the pack house" Kace said answering our unasked questions.

"Come on in" said Kace before pulling us in.

This house was the most beautiful place I've ever seen that isn't related to nature.

'That's because you've never seen a house before talk less of being in one'

'Thank you mel, I didn't realise that' I said making her scoff but she didn't block me out.

I didn't realize we were in a room until Kace spoke up.

"This will be your room" said Kace smiling at me.

The room was big and there was a large bed in the middle. I remember Ari telling me once about her room and describing everything there since I've never seen one before.

"So do you like it?" Kace said staring at me.

I wasn't used to attention so I couldn't help the blush that painted my cheeks.

"She loves it, she hasn't been in one before so she's still surprise, ma'am"

"Oh please call me mom. You two are my sons mates after all. And it's okay, I'll leave you to settle in. I'll call you down for dinner"

"Thanks mom" Ari said making her smile before leaving.

She turned towards me, "Come on, we need to clean up. I don't want everyone to throw up their food because of our stench"

Opening the door, I couldn't stop the gasp that escaped my lips.

The room was more beautiful than the room with a bed in it.

"This is the bathroom and where you were before is the bedroom"

That makes sense

And then we bagan our own tour with Ari as my tour guide. She showed me different 'clean products' used to clean up and what each one is for.

I couldn't remember all their names but I do know their uses.

"Okay then, you freshen up while I go freshen up in my room"

Her room?!

"You're not staying here with me?" I asked slowly afraid of staying here alone.

I've always slept in open places with someone and this was going to be the first time, I sleep without someone beside me.

"I'm so sorry bloom but mum won't let us sleep together. We argued about it but she won eventually. Were you not listening?"

And here comes the death glare.

I gulped nervously before whispering a very silent "No".

"It's okay, bloom. Do me a favor and get ready. I'll leave some clothes out for you and remember to wrap a towel around yourself once you're done bathing, okay?"

I nodded slowly and as soon she left, I began to slowly pull off my dress.

Turning on the tap in the bigger bowl, I walked to the small bowl attached to the wall and took the stick that had a lot of hair on it and kept some of the minty gel on it.

Rinsing my mouth first, I began to clean my mouth just the way Ari told me to.

Rinsing my mouth again, I stared at the mirror and smiled letting my now white teeth show.

Going over to the bigger bowl, I turned off the tap and poured the contents of the bottle into the water.

Stepping into the bowl, I began to scrub my body with the sponge Ari showed me.

In my pack, we usually go to the river once in a while using a few herbs to clean ourselves and sometimes we use mint leaves to clean our mouth.

But this was the first time in my whole life I felt neat and smelt nice.