EIGHT

Don't think about tomorrow, Think about the now!~ ROLEX

Xerox...

I stared at Xander who still stood at the door waiting for instructions from me.

Sighing, I walked over to my seat rubbing my temples wearily.

Great!

Just great!

This wasn't part of the plan. Though I'm considered heartless, I wasn't planning on killing my best friend's mate.

He was the only one that understood me and never questioned my decisions and now the moon goddess thought this was the perfect time to become a match maker.

I wanted to punch something so bad but I could imagine mum's disapproving look.

Another reason why I can't end my best friend's mate.

His mother loves Kyra and I the same way she loves Xander.

Imagine what she'll think of me when I kill his mate.

I don't care what people think of me but to know my mom won't even want to look at me causes a deep pang of pain in my chest.

So no, I wasn't going to be a horrible brother and strip my brother of his happiness.

I've seen what the mate bond AKA mate bondage does to people.

Once their mate is gone, half of their lifespan goes with their dead mate and they literally become zombies. Walking around aimlessly and some become human and die because their wolf couldn't handle their mate's death.

So no, I'm not just gonna toss this reasons aside.

Though I hated the scent of rogues and couldn't stand them, I just wouldn't bring myself to kill Xander's mate.

"Don't work yourself up on this. You can do to her what you do to other rogues just lock me up in the cellar and I wouldn't get in your way".

That's what I'm talking about.

Loyalty.

Xander is still being loyal to me though his mate's life hangs on the line.

But the way his eyes are flashing from their usual blue to midnight black, his wolf doesn't agree with this and is on the edge of shifting in my office.

"Xander Somdre, submit" I said in my alpha voice and that did the trick.

Soon my office was filled with Xander's heavy breathing and once it died down Xander said, "Thanks man"

Nodding my head, I didn't reply.

I needed a solution.

Killing is not an option.

Then what was I going to do?

I couldn't just let a rogue take over as the beta female.

"Interrogate her like every other rogue, dummy. Don't treat her like she's special even if she's xander's mate. Maybe she'll tell us if she's come across Aella" Xavier said before blocking me out.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Xavier's right.

Standing up, I grabbed my jacket and hung it over my shoulder.

"What have you decided, Alpha?"

"I'm just going to interrogate your mate and her little friend. All I want you to do is to stay behind me and keep your emotions hidden" I said as we began our journey to the dungeon.

"Yes, Alpha"

I want everything to fall into place after this and somewhere in my heart I also hope Aella is one of the two redheads but I guess destiny and the moon goddess decided to team up against me.

          ††††††††††

Getting myself ready for the foul odour, I opened the door but the scent of blueberries, cinnamon and beach sand had me sniffing the air repeatedly.

I was about to question Xander on the sudden change of atmosphere when I stopped myself by remembering that his mate has just been found and her scent is probably everything he can think of.

Looking back at him he was doing a great job in masking his emotions and I couldn't help but feel proud to have him as my righthand man.

Walking towards their cell, the scent became unbearable to just ignore.

Xavier became restless and my heartbeat became stronger and faster.

This is it.

Aella has finally been found.

Stopping in front of the cell, I stared at the two redheads in front of me.

They were both in each other arms and then Xander cleared his throat snapping not only me from my daze but the two sisters who was now standing in front of me, the bars separating us.

The scent was coming from the small figure hidden behind the bigger figure.

Stepping aside for Xander to open the cells, I could feel them both stiffen.

Once the door was opened, Xander stepped inside first separating them by grabbing the bigger figure away.

She was putting up a fight nothing that Xander couldn't handle while I stared at the small figure in front of me.

She was fiddling with her fingers nervously.

"Look at me" I said in my alpha tone and that's what it takes for me to instantly regret my decision because once I was met with forest green eyes, Xavier said the words I thought I would never hear.

"Mate! Mate! We found mate!"

WHAT THE FUCKING HELL

Her green eyes were boring holes into mine.

This was not part of the plan.

Shit! What was I going to do.

And Xavier wouldn't shut up. He kept on chanting mate like some crazy Sorcerer but I managed to block him out.

Turning around and walking towards the exit, I heard the door close and then footsteps hurrying towards me.

Jumping and shifting mid air, I ran towards the forest enjoying the breeze wiping against my fur but my mind was far away from anything called peaceful.

My thoughts were running wild and I could only pick one word.

Why?!