ONE

My attitude will always be based on how you treat me~ ROLEX

Bloom...

"Dean, don't get the wrong plant, that's a calamus not a scent leaf"

I said grabbing the calamus off his hands.

"How the hell am I supposed to know, they're literally the same thing" Dean said before throwing his basket away.

"Are you okay?" I asked quietly.

"Hell no. Every single thing is messed up. I can't shift but I'm not fucking lame. They treat you like an outcast and It gets me so angry that I want to rip their brains out" Dean screamed causing me to wince at every curse word.

'I hate your friend and his egotistical mouth. He annoys the fucking shit out of me. If he wants to go on a killing spree, he should start with himself. Jeez, so much pent up useless anger' Mel said before blocking me out.

My wolf is a meanie.

Since I got her on my eighteenth birthday which was two weeks ago, our conversations are usually one sided and full of a lot of cuss words that I don't really like but Melody doesn't even care.

Dean sighed capturing my attention once again.

He was lying on his back and he seemed very sad.

I began to pick the rest of the herbs as the sun began to set.

My stomach growled reminding me that I haven't had anything since yesterday's lunch.

I was starving but I couldn't stop yet.

Dean and I would be scolded and I don't think my stomach could handle another dinner loss.

Finally placing the two filled baskets on the ground, I went to wake Dean up only to be pulled by my wrist on his body.

"Let's run away" Dean said causing me to frown at him.

"What?"

"Lay with me for a while" he said before burying his head in my neck.

"What duty do you have tomorrow?"

"Kitchen duty" I said making him hum.

I felt very uncomfortable in this position and I tried to squirm out of his hold only to feel something hard poke my thigh.

"You smell good" Dean said his voice sending chills down my back.

"We have to head back. Devin will be mad if I don't come home early" I said causing Dean to stiffen before pushing me off him.

I stood up carefully dusting the dirt off me only to find Dean carrying a basket while walking ahead of me.

By the time I got back to camp, he was already gone.

I returned the basket back to the kitchen and after dinner, I headed back to my tent.

Harmony, my tent mate and bestfriend was already waiting for me.

"You seem sad" she said before handing me blueberries she had probably stolen from the kitchen.

I nibbled on them before narrating how bad I felt that Dean is angry with me.

"I see. Why don't you go to sleep early tonight? Tomorrow, we can both go on berry picking where you can have as much blueberries as you want"

"I have kitchen duty tomorrow" I replied with a sad frown.

"We'll leave at sunrise and return before they even notice" Har said making me nod in agreement.

I changed into a loose gown before going to sleep.

Except I couldn't sleep.

I can't help but wonder why Dean got angry when I mentioned Devin.

Was he jealous because he didn't have a mate yet?

Well he had nothing to be jealous about because Dean wasn't even my real mate.

Dad had arranged an engagement between Devin, the leader of our rogue pack and me, a non shifter.

I couldn't shift even if I had my wolf in my head.

Maybe my body was just weak to handle shifting or maybe I was like mom.

Mom could shift only on full moons but she died a week after I was born because she was too weak.

If only we were in a pack, then maybe mom would still be alive but Dad says being in a pack is like being underground.

Packs had too much rules that dad thought were all bullshit.

I was supposed to be happy being a rogue especially a safe one like this.

I know deep down that I can't survive as a lone rogue so I should be grateful that I'm not one but being in a pack is so much better and safer.

Lightning struck in the middle of the tent tearing it in the process.

The heavy rain managed to drown out the screams that followed soon enough.

I was already wet and it wasn't even midnight yet.

I felt sticky between my legs and swiped the moisture on my fingers.

Blood.

That time of the month was here.

So here I am cold, wet and stained.

This is supposed to be the safe life of a rogue.

One that I'm ready to switch any day for a pack life.