20

The sky was too bright and it was too warm. Everything smelled too much like antiseptic. I opened my eyes a bit wider, and I was staring up at the incredibly luminous lighting of something that looked like an infirmary. My entire body ached worse than it ever have. It didn't help being strapped a bed.

Every time I struggled, the pain flared worse, especially when I arched my back. Every now and then, i would feel a wetness on my stomach. 

The realization slowly crept into my head, until it basically smashed my skull outwards with a hammer. My head ached in migraine headaches after that. 

I would scream for no reason. My throat would get so raw I couldn't physically scream anymore.

Whenever I closed my eyes, phantoms would dance on my skin and bandages. Ghosts would whisper nonsense in my ears my and other poltergeists screamed chaos into the world.

I couldn't lay still, even in restraints. My whole body was constantly vibrating in shock, terror, and inability to do much else.

Some random nurse would scurry in now and then to inject me with something. Sometimes it would be an actual doctor, probably tying to keep themselves from losing hearing at the screams I managed to let out after my vocal chords repaired themselves slightly.

Some dreams would be vaguely normal, some would be terrible beyond horrid. Everything felt so real. The waterfalls were so beautiful, how the low sun shined upon them and showed the mist and allowed rainbows. The mist felt refreshing. The water was just above icey all around my body. It would've threatened to freeze my lungs if it was slightly cooler. The water was so clear at the base, it felt refreshing on my eyes. I could  easily let it sweep the air from my lungs and life from my body. It was going to anyway, so why struggle? 

Whenever I thought I was awake, the constant vibration turned into writhing. I took extra careful to be reckless and make sure the restraints dug into my skin, and rub deeper into my flesh, leaving sticky blood on me and the bed. My body was no longer sore from whatever happened longed before, but sore from the constant, unnecessary struggle. The pain was such a relief to happiness. Why is happiness the normal? It feels terrible. 

Other dreams were nefarious fro the start, or withered to some other form of abomination from hell. I was in constant pleasure. Every waking moment, and every sleeping moment was filled with suffering. The poison on silver plates made me feel ill and I could feel myself slowly dying, only to wake up to the luminescent lights and restraints. Sometimes who could tell if I was awake or not? I sure couldn't. The luminescent lights were above like usual, and sometimes people in white coats with pens would write down things I couldn't see, but could hear.

I grew used to the permanence of screams. They weren't all my own, but they might not have been anyone else's, except the poltergeists'.

"Potato, POTATO! Is that really you!?" said someone in sobs 

I opened my eyes to see wood barely illuminated.