8

Had a seriously hurt him? I was just stating the truth, right? After seeing him storm off like that, I couldn't but help follow the person I seemingly destroyed.

We went for about 15 minutes in a complete and awkward silence. I tried focusing on landmarks around, such trees, odd lights, the faint stars, and even the whistling of the wind, but none of it seem to work.

I started to get a bit antsy and nervous with each step we took in the unfamiliar District of the town. I thought I knew every part of town, but it was very possible to not, because it was so large.

I felt the ground give out beneath me. I could've sworn I fell low enough to hit the ground, but I landed on soft beams instead. My vision went dark, and lightened up a tad on and off. I saw a blue chest and a bag. Why did the chest at least look familiar, and warm...? My face grew warm and hot at the sudden realization.

I fell.

He caught me.

He held me and made sure I didn't hit my head.

I was covered in his jacket.

This stranger cared for me.

This

Completely

Random

Stranger

From

My

Dreams

Saved

My

Life

I jumped from his lap and almost fell again from nausea.

"Woah, hold on tiger" he said as he steadied me. "You shouldn't stand up so fast."

"No, no, I'm fine, really"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah" I plied myself from his helpful grasp. "Shouldn't we keep going?"

"Yes, we don't have too much time left. It's already dark, so it'll be a lot harder now"

And on that, we set off to the unknown location, but after he had just did that, I couldn't just fight back. I had no will to.

I started to notice some buildings that looked familiar; all the aquaponics buildings and fenced fruit tree plots. That meant that the field, and unknown foliage lay somewhere ahead. That couldn't be where we were going.

I choked on my question, "We're not going to cross some field, with the sign posts, right?"

"Of course we are"

"I-I-I can't do that"

"Why not, there's nothing wrong with it. We put the signs up ourselves"

I stayed silent with fear. I couldn't go through that again, but I couldn't try to back out again either. We made progress getting to the field, as well as increased my level of dread.

The field sure enough came into view at some point, but of course, only so much because it was so dark. He probably forgot my feelings toward this little Earth dotting space of Hell, because he just stepped out in the middle. He didn't even bother to skirt the sides like a sane person. But, then again, would a sane person be breaking city rules anyway? I'm sane right? But I also broke city rules...

My tongue tasted dirt; damp, brown, mulchy dirt. My chest hit the ground like a belly-flop, causing my lungs to empty. I tried to prop myself back up, but i felt something heavy on top of me.