27- Proposal

Brooklyn Florian had imagined a million different seniors in her head, and in each one, she ended in her faking an illness to skip this dinner with her parents

But she couldn't, not in reality. Because she knew she needed to tell them both of her plan, otherwise it wouldn't be fair.

Her foot tapped anxiously on the floor of the limo she was in, riding to her parents' house. She took deep breaths, counting down the seconds until she had to sit in front of her parents and tell them she was going to propose.

"You need any help?" Questioned when she saw her mother setting the table getting it ready for their dinner.

She walked inside the kitchen, placing a kiss on her cheek before grabbing the stack of plates from her mother.

Bell smiled at her daughter. "My Knight in shining armour." She leads her daughter to the table, telling her where to put the plates for the three of them.

Maybe Brooke did black out, or maybe she just froze and time moved on its own, because when they were at the end of dinner talking, Brooke found herself stuck in her mind.

She knew her parents loved Mal and Evie.

But being girlfriends and being finances were two different things, but Brooke wanted that. She needed that difference. She needed more. Craved more. She begged for it.

"I have to tell you something." Brooke spoke up, stopping her parents' conversation and bringing the attention to herself.

Even after all the speeches in front of millions of people, she was never ready to bear the force of her parents' eyes on her.

She took a deep breath before tapping her hand along the table to a rhythm she knew all too well.

It was a song she had heard Mal and Evie singing together in their home, space between maybe something like that sounded familiar to her.

The beat of it allowed her heart to reamin inside her chest and her mind to slow to the point where she could now make a full sentence.

Her eyes cast down to the bracelet wrapped around her, and the bracelet Evie had made her from fabric entwined together. It was purple with dark blue and royal blue. The initials sowed on the bracelet.

When Brooke was stressed in moments like this, all she had to was look down at her wrist to gain that confidence again. To channel her confidence in knowing that no matter what she said or did when she got home, she would be going home to the two women who made her heart feel at home.

"I'm.. I'm proposing." Brook looked up from her bracelet. "I'm proposing to Mal and Evie, I want to marry them. I want nothing more than to marry them. I know for a fact that my life will forever be incomplete if I don't." Brooke said as she stared at them her eyes flickered nervously around their faces.