chapter 15- love mixed with the Isle

After the breathtaking event that had occurred in Brooke's office

After the breathtaking event that had occurred in Brooke's office. Evie decided to go back to her dorm to get cleaned up, so it didn't look like she had just been railed by the Queen of Auradon. Brooke offered to help, but Evie turned her down, knowing that their would be no cleaning up. They would be getting more sweaty with a bed in the room.

So Brooke found herself sitting once again at her desk, after placing all of her things back on.

She was finding it very hard to consecrate. "Deborah?" Brooke pressed down on the earpiece she had that connected to her secatery.

"Yes, Your Majesty?"

Brooke tapped her fingers along the blue pieces of paper in front of her reading the name. "Can you ask Lumiere to call me regarding Cotillion?"

"Yes. Mam."

"Thank you." Brooke turned her earpiece off but kept it in her ear.

She spent a good half an hour trying to sort out that paperwork that flew from the desk. Everything was a mess. The cotillion was slowly coming together. The artwork piece still wasn't complete yet.

So she was stressing over that.

That was the one piece that needed to be perfect. She needed to show the whole world her Evie and Mal, the real them.

There was a knock on the door that brought her out of her thoughts. "Brooke?" Evie announced as she walked into the room, closing the door behind her. She wore a silk blue dress now with a red leather jacket.

Brooke looked up from where she was sitting at her desk, her face instantly breaking out into a smile. "Back again, princess." Brooke stood up as Evie made her way over. "Miss me that much. Or did you come back for more?" Brooke leaned forward, and Evie suddenly forgot what she came in here to talk about.

Evie placed her hand on Brooke's chest, making the girl stay where she was. "Mal's gone back to the Isle." Brooke's face dropped at her words, and now that she was closer, she got a better look at the dried tears on the girls' cheek.

Evie handed her a letter, and she took it, although she needed a moment to let her eyes adjust before she read it.

Dear Evie & Brooke

I don't know what to say. I don't know how to explain why I did this. You both know I've never been good with words. We all know Brooke could do the talking for the three of us. I ran, of course I did because that's what I do, I run when things get bad. And I'm so, so sorry. But I just needed to run. I'm sorry.

Brooke's eyebrows furrowed in anger, and then her face turned to pain. The pain in her chest got tighter and tighter as she read on.

"Brooke." Evie said softly. She showed the girl her golden family ring that she had given to Mal. Brooke opened her mouth but closed it again.