𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.

FINE LINE - EARLY MORNING WALKS

Mavis felt as though she had barely closed her eyes to go to sleep when she was being shaken awake by Hermione. Her eyes fluttered open, squinting as she adjusted to the bright overhanging light.

Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, Mavis rolled onto her back and raised her arms above her head to stretch out her limbs. Turning her head to the side, she glanced up at Hermione.

"Hey sleepy head," Hermione teased, whispering softly. "You've got to get up."

"'Mione," Mavis said, her voice rough from a lack of water. "S'time already?"

"Everyone's up," Hermione nodded. "I just woke the boys."

"I'll be ready in a sec," Mavis said, pushing herself up against the headboard and rubbing her eyes once again.

"Hurry up, slow poke. Everyone is waiting," Hermione said, jabbing her finger into Mavis' side before walking out the room.

As quickly as she could, Mavis got herself ready for the day. After quickly jumping in the shower, brushing her teeth and getting changed, Mavis finally walked out of Ginny's room. Closing the door behind her, she met Harry in the hallway along with Ron and the twins.

The five of them walked down to the kitchen where Mrs Weasley was stirring the contents of a large pot on the stove, while Mr Weasley was sitting at the table, checking a sheaf of large parchment tickets. He looked up as they entered, and spread his arms so that they could see his clothes more clearly. He was wearing what appeared to be a golfing jumper and a very old pair of jeans, slightly too big for him and held up with a thick leather belt.

"What d'you think?" he asked anxiously. "We're supposed to go incognito - do I look like a Muggle, Harry?"

"Yeah," Harry smiled, "very good."

"Where're Bill and Charlie and Per-Per-Percy?" George said, failing to stifle a huge yawn.

"Well, they're Apparating, aren't they?" Mrs Weasley said, heaving the large pot over to the table and starting to ladle porridge into bowls. "So they can have a bit of a lie-in."

"So they're still in bed?" Fred said grumpily, pulling his bowl of porridge towards him. "Why can't we Apparate, too?"

"Because you're not of age and you haven't got your test," Mrs Weasley snapped. "And where have Ginny and Hermione got to?"

"I thought they came down before us?" Mavis said, glancing around the room.

"You never know with those girls," Mrs Weasley said, shaking her head.