𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻.

FINE LINE - THE MARAUDERS MAP

Madam Pomfrey insisted on keeping Harry in the Hospital Wing for the rest of the weekend, much to his disapproval.

Despite being in the Hospital Wing, he was constantly around his friends, Mavis, Hermione and Ron not leaving his side until Madam Pomfrey kicked them out because of curfew.

Over the course of this time, Madam Pomfrey was keen on keeping an eye on Mavis too.

The school nurse also made sure to check up on her arm, and, after many potions, Mavis felt like her wrist had never been broken in the first place.

All whilst being in the Hospital Wing, Harry had been sent plenty of gifts and many came to visit him.

Hagrid sent Harry a bunch of earwiggy flowers that looked like yellow cabbages and Ginny Weasley, blushing furiously, turned up with a 'get well' card she had made herself, which sang shrilly unless Harry kept it shut under his bowl of fruit.

The Gryffindor team visited again on Sunday morning, this time accompanied by Wood, who told Harry, in a hollow, dead sort of voice, that he didn't blame him in the slightest.

But nothing anyone said or did could make Harry feel any better, because they only knew half of what was troubling him.

He hadn't told anyone about the Grim, not even Ron and Hermione, because he knew Ron would panic and Hermione would scoff. But he was meaning to talk to Mavis about it. She always knew to say the right thing.

The fact remained, however, that it had now appeared twice, and both appearances had been followed by near-fatal accidents; the first time, he had nearly been run over by the Knight Bus; the second, fallen fifty feet from his broomstick.

Was the Grim going to haunt him until he actually died?

Was he going to spend the rest of his life looking over his shoulder for the beast?

Mavis, however, thought nothing of the Grim. She just assumed the cloud was shaped like that, her imagination making it seem like a dog. Just like how she'd see a cloud on her way to Herbology and think it looked like a butterfly or a dragon.

But then there were the Dementors.

Both Mavis and Harry felt sick and humiliated every time they thought of them. Everyone said the Dementors were horrible, but no one else collapsed every time they went near one. No one else heard echoes in their head of their dying parents.

For Mavis knew who that screaming voice belonged to now. She had heard her words, heard them over and over again during the late night hours in the dormitory while she lay awake, unable to sleep, staring at the strips of moonlight on the ceiling.