𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲.

FINE LINE - THE PATRONUS

The holiday break left just as quickly as it came, the Gryffindor Tower crowded and noisy once again as all students returned shortly after the new year.

Despite the once festive cheer, Mavis noticed a rift in her friendship group. Harry was angry at Hermione, Ron too. The both of them still caught up with her telling McGonagall about Harry and Mavis' Firebolts.

Now, whilst Mavis knew Hermione meant well, Harry and Ron were having a hard time coming to terms with that. To Harry, he and Mavis had been the owners of the best brooms in the world but only for a few short hours. And now, because of her interference, he didn't know whether they would ever see them again.

He was positive that there was nothing wrong with his and Mavis' Firebolts now, but what sort of state would they be in once they had been subjected to all sorts of anti-jinx tests?

As far as Ron was concerned, the stripping-down of two brand-new Firebolts was nothing less than criminal damage.

Hermione, who remained convinced that she had acted for the best, started avoiding the common room, finding refuge in the library. Mavis was starting to get worried about her, the two used to speak all day every day but now, she hardly heard from her at all.

Even when the two did talk, Mavis felt like she was stuck in the middle. Hermione wouldn't stop muttering constantly about how foolish Harry and Ron were being. Explaining multiple times that she told McGonagall for the right reasons.

Then there was Harry and Ron. The two going on and on and on about how Hermione was selfish and in the wrong for reporting the brooms. In Ron's words 'she's just jealous Maeve would be spending more time with a broom than her.'

Mavis didn't know what to do.

The night before term started back up again, Mavis was walking through the castle and back to the Gryffindor common room, having just seen Sirius. She was about to turn a corner when someone shouted her name out from behind her.

"Mavis!" they called again.

Turning around, Mavis saw Harry and Ron jog up to her, the two panting slightly.

"You walk fast, Maeve, Merlin - let me catch my breath," Ron said, bending over his knees.

"Hey you two," Mavis smiled, looking at the Weasley with amusement.

"We've been looking all over for you," Harry said, the three of them continuing their walk up to the common room.

"Oh yeah? Missed me, Potter?" Mavis teased, looking to her side at the boy.