𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.

FINE LINE - FAMILY DISPUTES

Apparition. A feeling Mavis would never get used to. Holding onto Andromeda's arm, Mavis watched the world spin around her, feeling as if she was slipping through space at a hundred miles an hour.

Setting foot back home, Mavis placed her bags in her room before going to meet Andromeda. Walking into the kitchen, Mavis saw her aunt, her back facing her as she leant over the table.

At the sound of footsteps, Andromeda turned around, spotting Mavis standing with her arms crossed, an unreadable expression on her face.

Mavis stared at her aunt, unable to think of something to say. Andromeda, however, picked up a piece of parchment, held it out in front of her and said, "Mavis... I - I don't know where to begin."

"Don't know where to begin," Mavis repeated with a scoff, walking over to the sink and pouring herself a glass of water.

"What do you want to know?" Andromeda asked, placing the parchment beside Mavis.

"Does Dora know?" Mavis questioned, glancing down at the parchment and reading what was on there.

Dear Aunty,

I know I don't write to you often but I just have to know one thing. Is it true I'm related to Harry Potter? That my mother was his father's sister?

If so, why didn't you tell me? Why did you hide this from me? All of you? Why? What else are you keeping from me? What other secrets don't I know?

Why am I being left in the dark? Why -

"She does," Andromeda spoke, her voice quiet and ashamed.

"Yet, none of you told me," Mavis said, taking a sip of her drink, not looking Andromeda in the eyes.

"You have to see where I was coming from," Andromeda pleaded, taking a step closer to Mavis only for her to take one back.

"You kept the truth about my mother from me," Mavis started, unable to stop the anger from bubbling up inside her.

"Mavis - it was for a good reason," Andromeda said, her eyes showing how sorry she was.

"Oh really?" Mavis uttered sarcastically. "Please enlighten me, how was it for a good reason?"

"I'll explain everything, but now is not the time," Andromeda said, trying to reason with Mavis.