𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅.

FINE LINE - THE CLUE

Waking up late on Boxing Day, the memories of the night before filled Mavis' head, still as vivid as ever. She didn't get much sleep due to her mind reeling with the activities that had occurred on Christmas Day.

Every time Mavis closed her eyes she could feel Hermione's soft lips against hers. She felt euphoric, unable to contain the smile that formed on her face everytime Hermione popped up in her mind.

Having not talked about the kiss last night, Mavis could only hope that Hermione felt the same way about it all. Hermione had the ability to make Mavis forget about everything but her, and whilst that was a good thing, there was a small nagging feeling at the back of Mavis' mind.

What if Hermione regretted the kiss? What if Hermione doesn't feel the same way? Had Mavis ruined their friendship?

Mavis tried not to think of the what ifs but with so many unanswered questions, it was hard not to. So, instead of wallowing away on her own, she got up out of her bed and got dressed before making her way down to the common room. It was much quieter than it had been lately, many yawns punctuating the lazy conversations.

Heading down to the Great Hall, Mavis noticed that the majority of the decorations had vanished from the school. The Hall had been returned to its original state and the only thing remaining of the Yule Ball was the newfound relationships that had formed.

Looking at the Gryffindor table, Mavis spotted Hermione sitting opposite Harry and Ron with Ginny beside her. The Weasley twins also sat beside Ron, conversing in their own conversation, occasionally adding their own input before going back to what they were doing before.

"Good morning," Mavis said, sitting down beside Hermione.

"Hey," Hermione greeted quietly, quickly glancing at Mavis before going back to her breakfast.

Ginny sent Mavis a teasing smile as a greeting, putting the young Black on edge. Harry and Ron sent her nods of acknowledgement as they tucked into their food and Fred and George gave her quick 'hellos'.

"What a good morning it is, indeed," Ginny said coyly, looking at Mavis and Hermione intently. "Wouldn't you say so, Hermione?"

"Y-yeah," she replied, quickly reaching over for her drink.

"Maeve?" Ginny said, looking over at the young Black.

"Hmm?" Mavis hummed, pouring herself some cereal.

"Have a good night?" Ginny asked, a mischievous glint in her eye.