Chapter 24: Dead End Part 1 Of 2 The Road To The End

The scene opens up at Camp 98.7, specifically in a random forest clearing. 2 Cerberus mark 2 pelican ships could be seen. One was getting boarded. Locus and the remaining Cerberus soldiers are getting ready to leave Copper 9. Minus Felix. Felix had made it to the surface before them, but he dissapeared shortly after. Locus sat down activating the ships systems. The soldiers strapped in the back. After awhile the ships on board computer started beeping. A in coming communication request. Locus flicked a switch and opened up the com links. Locus then answered. "This is agent Samuel Wilson code name Locus. Communication request received!" A screen infront of Locus then turned on, and it showed.

 Communication request received!" A screen infront of Locus then turned on, and it showed

"Locus! Thank God I was finally able to reach you. Everything has gone to hell!"

"I know, the ai named Vigil has betrayed us. We are leaving Copper 9 to warn the Illusive Man!"

"That's just the thing Locus, the Illusive Man is dead! Harbinger attacked the hideout. All Cerberus files got leaked, even the classified ones. Investors are pulling out. It's over, our organization is running around with there heads chopped off. Different colonized systems want Cerberus brought to justice!"

"So what now!?"

"Im taking over Cerberus in the meantime, we need to go quite. Stay in the shadows till we have support again. I'm giving you one last mission..........where is your partner?"

"He wanted to tie up lose ends, he's going to kill everyone in the Worker Drone colony, including 003!" The man on the screen just smirked.

"Excellent. This works in Cerberus favor. That was going to be your final mission. There must not be any evidence that links to us. Kill everyone, destroy the Project Overlord facility with a bomb, and wipe any records about the Absolute Solver experiments from Cabin Fever labs!"

"But what about Harbinger!?"

"He won't be a threat for long, especially after you kill 003. Now I must go. It has been a honor Locus, tell Felix as well. Cerberus Director Aidan Price signing off" the communication then ends. Locus sits back.

"One final mission..........More like you need someone for all this to fall on!" Locus said activating the ships engines. Locus then tried to radio Felix. "Felix come in..........Felix!" the camera shows Felix helmet on the ground blood on one side of it. Locus voice projecting from the com device inside. The scene changes to the road that is close to the corpse house. (Y/N) can be seen collapsing forward. Harbinger sighs in disappointment.

"I THOUGHT YOU'D PUT UP MORE OF A FIGHT!" Harbinger started to slowly walk towards (Y/N). (Y/N) was trying to get up. "COME ON. SHOW ME YOUR PROGRESS WITH SOVEREIGN'S ABSOLUTE SOLVER!" (Y/N) got to his knees. He stabbed his sword into the ground to help lift himself up.

"I don't need the Absolute Solver to destroy you!" (Y/N) stood up and pointed his sword again at Harbinger. The blade ignited into flames again. "I'll kill you my self!" Harbinger walked up close to (Y/N). (Y/N) swung the sword, but Harbinger activated his orange Absolute Solver and caught the blade. He then punched (Y/N) in the chest with his armored hand. This knocked the wind out of (Y/N), making him collapse on his knees spitting blood. Harbinger then activates his Absolute Solver again. (Y/N) stood up but began to press down on his chest. His chest began to feel like it was on fire.