Chapter 25: Randomly Unfortunate

Coral-

Next thing I know I'm being thrown over a muscular wet shoulder. Completely knocking me out of my trance.

"River I still have my shorts on! Hannah's going to kill you!" I squeal as he makes his way to the rippling water.

No joke, she will hunt him down and burry him six feet under if she finds her Jean shorts soaked and ruined. They probably cost more than River himself, so the least I can do is warn him.

Without any hesitation his hands make their way to my butt and he starts pulling the shorts down my legs. Yeah I bet he's getting a nice view of my butt while I'm dangling over his shoulder staring at his. My impulsive thoughts are telling me to smack it, but I'm scared he'll just do the same to me. Oh no way he's gonna smack my bear cheeks. Ain't happening.

He finally gets the shorts off of my legs and he tosses them in the sand behind us.

"What if I wasn't wearing bottoms?!" I lift myself up on his shoulder blade and he finally pulls me off his shoulder and holds me in both sides of his arms.

He doesn't answer my question. Instead he's left staring at me with a small smirk in the corner of his mouth. I roll my eyes at him. He walks deeper to water about waist level to him and before I can say anything he tosses me away from him.

Holy fuck-sickles is it freezing. Like titanic water freezing. I shoot back to the surface and come full force towards him. But he gets to me first and dunks me back underwater. I squeal at him as he lifts me up with him standing over me. I wrap my arms around his neck as he leans towards me. He places his forehead on mine as I'm shivering and he's still laughing.

I feel like my stomach is doing cartwheels. At least he's warming me up.

He then closes the gap between us with his lips on mine before I pull us under again. SUCKA.

He comes back up for air. "Little Peach getting brave, huh?" He pushes his hair out of his face as I smirk up at him.

What's he going to do? I'm prepared for all his tricks and moves just lay them on me. I watch him move closer to me suspiciously. Oh yeah he's definitely trying to trick me. Little does he know I'm bout to slide right under him and make my escape.

Before he charges at me I turn and run back towards the shore. I can feel him after me. My adrenaline rush is higher than Hannah at a frat party. That's like breaking the scale.

I drag my feet out of the water and struggle to run through the sand. I keep sinking every time I try running harder.

I look behind me to see how close he is. He's catching up.

I look back in front of me and as soon as I do I clash into a strong pack of abs and fly backwards. Please tell me I didn't run into a bald body builder. I wouldn't doubt myself I did.

Meanwhile the pain in my back is a stinging ache. Why couldn't I have landed on the softer sand?

I look up to see who the rock hard abs belong too. Expecting to see a smolder from a tall and bald bodybuilder, of course knowing my luck it's Milo. He's holding his hand out for me rubbing the exact spot my face smacked into.

I reject his offer and stand on my own. I dust myself off; feeling both River's and Milo's gaze on me, I look up to see River rolling his eyes at Milo as Milo has a smirk on his face.

"I'm great, perfectly fine. I don't need an apology at all." I say sarcastically with my hands on my hips.

"Me?" Milo raises an eyebrow and crosses his arms. "For what? Watch where your going next time little one." He scoffs.