Chapter 26: Intrusive thoughts

River-

As hard it is to not join in on with the other guys and start laughing my ass off at Peach as she gets frustrated trying not to fall off the board, I don't. At least I try not to.

I try helping the chick out, but she has officially banned me from touching her board for now on. If I can't touch her board how can I get my hands on her? Impossible for a fact. She's like an attractive magnet. Then again I don't want to help her out. She's cute when she's frustrated.

I watch her as she attempts to stand until Hannah flips her over as well as an incoming wave. Yeah probably not the best idea to drag Peach out in these waves. She seems to be doing perfectly fine.

My eyes follow right back on top of Milo's just like they have been ever since he's gotten here. I know he knows he has the whole secret in his hands and can ruin me and Peach's relationship in the snap of his fingers. Which is why he's irritating me so much now that he's back. He knows I only came to the beach to watch her and he thought it was pathetic, but he kept it secret for many years which was surprising.

He's still the same dick that he was. Nothing much of a change. Still smokes, still cocky, still fucking with party girls with the slut that he is, still thinks the world revolves around his huge ass ego.

I know I've changed. I use to be the same guy. It wasn't until Gavin died to when I straightened myself out. Watching my summer go by can really bring back to when i had all the summers in the world.

I finally take my eyes off of Milo once he looks back for a wave. My chance to steel his. I paddle forward and lift myself off before he gets the same chance.

"My bad Milo!" I yell out and start chuckling to myself. I need to stop but it feels to good not to. The glare on his face was gold. Exactly the face i was hoping for.

"Fuck off!" I hear him yell back.

I swim back to Peach as Hannah catches a small wave.

"That was pathetic." Peach laughs to Hannah.

"I wouldn't talk if you're the only person that hasn't caught a wave yet." I confirm.

"I don't know what you expect from me." She says crossing her arms. "I'm surprised I haven't actually flipped over yet by another massive wave."

"Come on Peach try it." I push.

"No."

"Oh come on don't be a pussy Blondie." Milo cuts in. I fucking hate it when he calls her that. I know he knows I do.

We both roll our eyes at Milo, "Look babe, it's not hard I'll show you."

"Ok fine." She agrees

I explain all the details and she waits for a wave. There's one coming up that Milo calls.

"No, this is Peach's. I'll tell you when to go Peach. Make sure to paddle fast. Okay go, go, now!" I direct.

Just as I hope she gets it before Milo and stands up. Damn right.

"No fucking way Peach!" I yell out. She only stands up for less than two seconds but hey she stole her first wave from the dumbass next to me and at least attempted to stand. I swim over to her and help her back on her board.

"Did I do it?!" She asks excitedly.

"It was amazing. I mean you fell off as soon as you stood up but it's progress." She smiles as I reach to cup her face. " I mean you stole Milo's wave and everything!" I add. She laughs silently.

"That's bullshit. Waste of a god damn wave. Fuck all of you." Milo pouts as no one listens.

****

About 3 beers later well, for me at least, me and Peach are both making sand castles. I haven't done this since I was a kid. Mines definitely winning. We are competing our castles very competitively. She's "accidentally" knocked mine over twice so now I'm hovering over it so she can't get to it.

My Riptide || ONGOINGOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara