Chapter 13: Adore

River Miles-

Buzzing keeps going off on my phone. It's probably my parents threatening me to come home. But I can't.

I grab my phone still trying not to wake up Peach. I'm practically cradling her in one arm.

I open the texts from my dad.

Dad: Get your ass home.

Dad: College is in 2 months son. This is not the time to be playing around with girls all summer or partying. This is important now get your ass home. We have worked hard for you to get you into Stanford. I'm not Kidding you son. I expect you to be home by the end of the summer. Get your shit together, and stop being a shitty son.

Being called a shitty so isn't even the worst I've been called but it still hurts a bit. Of course I care about my college career, but this amazing, gorgeous, beautiful girl sound asleep in my arms is the only thing that is on my mind daily, most important to me, and the only one I need to care fore.

I pull her closer to where her head is now resting on my chest.

I would tell this girl anything and everything about me, but I care to much for her that I just can't tell her about this. Yes I've lied, I know I'm awful for it and it might even hurt her more but it's not at the moment and that's all that matters.

I'm trying though. I'm trying I really am but who knows. She might have secrets too. Like ones about her past or even maybe her bruised body. Or what if I did that to her. I really hope I didn't. That is last thing Ive wanted to do on this earth was to hurt her.

Her phone rings for the 50th time this morning. My eyes fall to hers. She squints them open.

"It's that unknown caller son of a bitch." I assure her rocking her towards me.

She rubs her eyes then place her hands on my chest and the other on my back. God this girl.

She groans then attempts to roll off of me. Before I let her I squeeze her thigh and kiss her. My morning coffee.

She kisses me back. Then I kiss her back again. She holds my face and neck and now the kisses are longer. Damn okay.

I lean her back as the kiss becomes deeper. She is now laying on her back and I'm on top of her just like how we were yesterday on the couch.

She brushes my hair out from my eyes then starts playing with it, running her fingers through it. Fuck me please.

Her shirt has risen all the way up, almost giving me a show of all her stuff. She realizes the same time I do, we can't help but to watch each other's reaction.

I tilt my head and smirk down at her. She looks away from me with a grin increased on her lips as she pulls her shirt down.

As she gives me the side view of her neck my eyes fall to all the dark splotches I gave her yesterday. If there's that many on only one side there has to be lots on the other. Oops.

I grip her chin and slowly turn it so I can see her full neck. I feel bad, but at the same time I'm trying to get rid of the smile that's forming on my face. I roll both my lips inward.

She looks at me confused. I start to trace the marks with my fingers lightly, her eyes suddenly grew bigger. She better like my artwork.

"Is my whole neck purple?!"

"Uhm. Let's just say a crayon could have never made this masterpiece." I smile at her as I'm leaning in to kiss her.

"River." She groans out my name. I love that.

"Oo can you say that again just like that?" I place small kisses on her collarbone. I'm still smiling against her skin every time I think about it.

All she does is huff out a groan that time. She tries raising herself up to get out of the bed, I'm blocking her every move.