Chapter 17: in love

WARNING THIS CHAPTER INVOLVES RAPE AND OTHER THINGS LIKE THAT.
Coral-

I feel around the bed to. No one was lying there. Just me. Where did he go?

The room is dark but there is light shining through the curtains that are

covering the windows. I hear raindrops splat at the glass and it calms me.

I look over to the opened door. Where is he? Did he runaway? Why? Then I think back to last night. Shit.

I get up off the bed quickly. I walk down the stairs and make my way towards the kitchen. Not there. I glance at the living room. Not there. What the fuck.

I got to the front door and soon enough my face meets the door leaving my nose to bleed.

"Ow what the hell!" I bend down and hold my nose to catch the the blood coming from my nose. It stings.

"Oh shit." He closes the door and runs to the kitchen.

This motherfucker isn't going to help me? What's more important? Food or a bloody house? It's way to early for this.

He comes jogging back with paper towels in his hands. He tilts my chin upwards, towards him. He tilts it farther making all the blood to drain back. What the hell does he think he's doing?

"River I'm going to drown from my own blood! Let me go!" I back away, still holding my nose, my hands catching every drop. I look down at the puddle in my hands and nod my head towards the paper towels. His dumbass finally gets the clue to get the paper towels.

"Peach! I wasn't trying to drown you! I was trying to see if anything was broke! Let me see these." He grabs the paper towels and soak all the blood from my hands with them. I look back at my hands. They're stained dark red. How Paul's hands use to look all the time. I get a little light headed at the thought.

His hands will always be a terrible memory that with never disappear. All the time his hands were covered, stained, drenched, in blood. Mine, Reef's, momma, his. I never liked looking at those hands, they reminded me of something strong, controlling, something with power. I snap back into reality when I feel River remove my hands from my nose and replaces them with his own.

He holds the paper towels and pitches my nostrils together. I feel the stinging on the bridge of my nose intense. I flinch, then look up at him. He's glancing up in my eyes then glancing down at my nose repeatedly. He gives me a smirk. What is he smiling at now?

"What? Don't look at me like that. It's weird." When really I hope he's not listening.

"I will if you stop making your eyes do that."

"They're looking at you dumbass." I assure him. My voice sounds clogged from him pinching my nose.

"You're cute when you talk like that and stop making your eyes sparkle like that." He says pinching my nose harder.

"Ow! I can't help it, they'll sparkle when they want to sparkle." He tilts my head up more and release my nose. Surprisingly, not many blood drops came falling out.

"Okay now I got to see if it's broke, this might hurt."

"If it's broke, I'm going to beat your ass."

"In Minecraft." He says giving me a short smile then looks back under my nose. I flick him off with a little giggle.

"I'm warning you, I might have some bats in the cave." I warn him with a smirk on my face.

"Extra love." He stands straight up and pinches the bridge of my nose. He's to freaking cute, but holy hell am I about kick him in the balls right now if he touches my nose like that again. I flinch and squint my eyes.