Chapter 12: Breathe

Coral Mae Marine-

The more I begin to go back to sleep the the more I start to hate myself for the things I do to myself or my reactions.

He kissed me. He fucking kissed me and all I did was hug him? Why did he kiss me? Idk Coral maybe because he likes you.

I don't want him to like me like me. Why is this bothering me so bad?

I flip over to my side and lock my head buried in all of Hannah's fifty eight pillows. She doesn't actually have fifty eight pillows but it might as well be.

I actually haven't seen Hannah or Reef. I got back home last night and they were both cuddled up on the couch watching Grown Ups. And when I mean cuddled up I actually mean Hannah's head was dangling off the couch and Reef was laid out on top of her legs. Rough night?

I just was happy I got a nice humongous bed all to myself for the night.

My phone keeps buzzing, I'm getting sweaty, I can't get my mind off of the...uhm kiss, I'm hungry, I need to pee, my hair has sand and seaweed tangled in it, and worst of all I can't go back to sleep.

I rise to the surface of all the 'fifty eight' pillows and throw the covers off my burnt body. I forgot I was sunburnt...

I slowly make my way to Hannah's bathroom. I could live in this bathroom for days, it's way to nice for a girl like me. But I wouldn't mind putting on my rich girl act for a nice warm shower.

I turn to look at the nasty old rag in the mirror. No literally, I don't even know how my bun is intact on my head.

I brush through my hair trying to pick out as much seaweed as I can. My face, arms, and back muscles start to sting. I'm just kidding what muscles? Just my back. Maybe a nice colder shower will do.

I step in and let the water drip down to my face. This feels amazing on my skin. But not as amazing as that kiss from yester-
Quit it.

I turn to wet my sore back. As I do the thought of Rivers touch on my back comes to mind. It was hard not to flinch or jump away when he pressed down on my bruises and sores but I kept my cool. At the same time it didn't feel the worst either. I want it again. I just want his finger tips lightly rubbing my back again.

I put my head down just of the thought of River touching me again. Hopefully he's the one blowing up my phone right now.

Is his parents back yet? I wonder what they look like. What if he's thinking the same thing about mine? Little does he know...

I can't tell him what would he think of me? He would know I've been lying. Then he's going to treat me differently. I wonder if he's hiding something from me. I doubt it. River is an open book I know that for a fact. Yet I don't know much about the guy. Maybe its better that way.

~~~

Out of my shower I make my way towards Hannah's massive walk in closet. It's probably the size of Jupiter if I'm being honest. What's Hannah's is mine.

I grin at my own thoughts.

What do I want to do today? I suddenly remember I have about 'fifty eight' text messages to read. Now that might be the right estimate.

I tighten my towel and walk back inside of her room. I spot my phone on the floor. Damn, enough text messages my phone will be growing legs and walking away from me in no time.

I grab it and search through my notifications. Two from Hannah, one from Reef, one from unknown number, and the rest are all from River. Hm figured. Eh I guess nothing important. I through my phone back on the bed and waddle back into the closet of my dreams.