𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 55

♪ Tell me how do I begin?
When nowhere feels quite like home
Where do you go? ♪

Lando Norris POV

I was a nervous mess, but at least I knew she was fine. It took everything in me to have the guts to ask Oscar for help. I don't know what she is capable of doing if she thinks I've cheated on her, but I wouldn't blame her. I couldn't fly back to London and come back to work in time, so her parents and Emily left to be with her. 

They told me not to go either way because she wouldn't want to see me either way; they guaranteed me that they would look into it and see what happened and who could've done it. Amy is in on this; I know it. I knew she had to have some help from someone who knew Nora, and my mind kept going back to her mother; she had been too quiet lately, and nothing good could come from that. 

The Grand Prix finished, and I knocked on Oscar's door. A few seconds later, he opened it, and I got in.

"I didn't cheat on her," I tell him directly, and he shrugs.

"I figured," he says nonchalantly.

"Was she packing my stuff up? Do you think she is really leaving?" I ask nervously, and he shakes his head.

"She is convinced you've done it, but there is a shred of doubt she got when her mom was there to meet her when she arrived back in London. Do you think Amy and her mom could be doing this together? Amy is mad she got rejected, her mom clearly hates her daughter," he informs me and that was new. Riley and Emily didn't tell me her mom was there.

"I thought that was the most logical explanation, but was she really that convinced with a couple of pictures? Are they that damning?" I am close to going crazy with this situation.

"She found some pictures in your office of me and her from last year. Why did you have that?" 

I was completely stunned; I had no answer for that because I had no knowledge of such pictures. How were they in my office? Why the fuck would I keep that?

"Wait. Did someone enter our home? I don't know anything about that. Why are they keeping everything from me?" I feel worse now than when I entered this room. I felt like I was going to stop breathing at any minute now. Oscar seemed shocked by my answer.

"Do you think someone planted them there? Then her mom is definitely in on this. She told Elle that you were going to divorce her in 2024 and use that divorce as an image boost for yourself."

And now I am pissed. I need to go home and talk to my wife.

"I need to go. Thank you, and I'm sorry. It must've not been easy to go there, but I really appreciate it; if I can do anything for you, just tell me," I say as I get up, and he stands up too.

"Leave her if you don't love her or if you have cheated. Don't drag it along. Just let her be happy, Lando; she doesn't deserve this," his words could've shocked me, but I nodded.

"I didn't cheat, and I love her; I would die for her. I am not letting her go, not if I can stop it," I tell him before I leave.

I was on a flight in less than an hour. I needed to go and come back to Mexico on Wednesday. It was a long flight, and I am glad I could book a private flight so it would be faster. I was completely shredded when I got home and had to drag myself out of the cab. Nine hours in a plane, a race, and a week of not sleeping properly are getting to me. 

"What are you doing here?" Emily whispers when she sees me entering the house, 

"This is between me and her. You've all been keeping me in the fucking dark, I am done with this. Get out! I will fix this," my frustration got the best of me. I am done with no one telling me anything about the thing that is ending my marriage.

"You can't do that! She doesn't want to see you," Riley says as she appears, and I point to the door.

"Get the fuck out. You've been just doing whatever the fuck you've wanted for a week; this is my marriage; mind your own business. If she wants to divorce me, then she better speak to me, or I won't sign any shit," I say angrily, and they look at each other before sighing and leaving.

"You should've left," I hear Eleanor say as I enter the living room, where I knew she was considering where Riley came from.

"And given up? Like you did?" I say as I sit on a couch with a direct view of her.

"I didn't give up; I had some self-respect. Do you expect me to forgive the fact you stepped out on me with another woman?" She asks angrily.

"I didn't do that. You can't really believe that. Give me a chance to prove myself," I implore her, and she seems interested.

"How will you prove that?" She asks curiously.

"Call Amy here, I will be here, and I am damn sure whatever story she will tell won't make any damn sense. I will give you whatever proof I have. Ask her when those pictures happened, I am pretty sure I was either with you or working, and my phone is full of photos from almost every damn day of the year. It didn't happen. You are being fooled by Amy and your mother," I tell her, and she nods.

"Fine. I will call her to come here this afternoon. If you can't contradict her statements, then you will sign the divorce papers," she says as she stands up.

"Fine by me. This is all an elaborate scheme," I say calmly.

She had Amy's number. How? No idea. She called her and she would be here in 3 hours after lunch. Let the truth be told.

--------------------------------

Hello loves!

With Max's story ending, I will release George's story as promised.

I am also very close to reaching the 2K followers milestone, which will mean a Toto Wolff story being released, and I might release an Oscar Piastri story to replace this story, which won' take long to finish, in the schedule I usually maintain.

What do you think about an Oscar Piastri story?

I love you all, and I hope to see you in all the other stories.