𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 14

♫ I feel like I'm at a standstill waiting for you to tell me I'm okay
If time heals, tell me why do I kill myself
Tryna show you I'm not a mistake ♫

Eleanor Norris POV

Being in Monaco is completely different than being at any other race weekend, it's very much about connections, money, and showing off. I love the weekend though, it's part of history and it's a very vibrant race. I entered the garage and hugged Daniel as soon as I saw him.

"I think that with the right incentive, he can win this weekend," he says as he looks at Lando while he talkes to Zak and his engineer.

"Too bad Amy is not here to give him what he needs." My comment made him laugh and I see my sister getting closer.

"I think she is the one preventing him from winning," Daniel comments and we both nod.

"Very probable. By the way, Riley got lost in the way, I think she saw a guy she has a crush on from Formula 2 so that will take long." Em says and I laugh.

"She has a crush on a few people nowadays," I say as I find it amusing how Riley can fall so fast for someone but she also recovers fairly fast after every disappointment.

The time for practice came and Riley was here gladly. I was looking at the screens when I saw Oscar's face pop up from footage at the Alpine's garage. What is he doing there?

"Is that Oscar?" I ask as I doubt my own vision at this point.

"Oh, it is. Why was he wearing Alpine's merch? Is he a reserve driver?" Riley asks confusedly. I am now in shock at the possibility that Oscar and Lando might very well know each other, that completely justifies how everyone knows him.

"Oh god," I say once the realization hits me.

"Do you know nothing about him? Didn't you ask?" Riley asks confusedly.

"We decided not to talk about details, like our jobs, and our social media accounts, we decided not to share those. He only knew my single name, Lando doesn't post me. Shit. Is he a reserve driver for Alpine? That explains why he is at every race and how he knows everyone."

"Well, this just got a lot more complicated sis." Em informs as if I didn't know it.

My mind was all over the place, practice ended with both McLaren's on top and I called Danny aside as soon as he got out.

"Danny, how do you know Oscar?"

"Oh, I thought he would've told you by now. He is a reserve driver for Alpine and also McLaren sometimes. He is great, isn't it?" He says happily but I am now facing serious questions about this.

"You should've told me that when you introduced him to me. I would've never gotten involved with someone he knows!" I reprimanded him and I saw how he looked behind me, which is when I saw Lando and Oscar greeting each other. Oh God. This is getting worse. Riley and Em were looking at them almost dumbfounded. This is my personal hell, I've done this.

"I hope the race goes as well as it did today. Having the first win in Monaco would be special," Oscar tells him excitedly.

"Everyone is here, pressure is definitely on today." Lando says as he points to his family, who waved hello, and my parents did too. I just want a hole to hide myself in. Lando looked back at me and Danny, I turned around immediately.

"You can't avoid it forever," Danny says as he prepares to leave.

"You did this to me! You knew they were acquainted with each other. Who does that?" I am definitely putting some blame on him.

"I thought Carlos just wasn't your type, I didn't think the boundary was the guy being friends with Lando, I fucked up but you never made the demand neither did you ask how I knew him." He is now putting the blame on me. Fair enough.

"Eleanor" Lando calls and I turn around slowly to see them both. Lando was just innocently trying to play the devoted husband and Oscar was putting two and two together. Doing the same thing I did a few minutes ago.

"Yeah?" I asked as I got closer with the fakest smile I could do.

"This is Oscar Piastri, reserve driver for Alpine and an up-and-coming name. Oscar this is my wife, Eleanor Badden Norris." He says with an almost naïve smile and I nod.

"Hi, Oscar. Nice to meet you," I say as I give him my hand to shake and he nods.

"Nice to meet you, Eleanor Norris," my last name came out almost bitter and he shook my hand.

"I should leave you to it, the practice was good," I try to find my way out of that awkward situation but Lando decides to hold my hand.

"Can you come with me to the media pen?" His request was almost in a begging tone and I felt my dad's eyes on me.

"No problem," I say as I give him a smile.

"I will see you later mate," he says as Oscar just nods. I left with Lando while he held my hand. "Did you meet Oscar before? You seem tense."

"How have I not seen him before?" I ask curiously.

"He was in F2 last year, you were always mostly in our garage and he is from Renault's junior team so he was never here. He is now a reserve driver for Alpine and is burrowed to us sometimes," he explains as we walk through the paddock.

"Lando," I call him a few steps before we arrive at the media pen and he looks at me. I need to tell him or he will find out anyway.

"What?" He asks as he stops and turns to me.

"The guy I'm seeing-" my words are interrupted by his lips crashing into mine.

"I don't want to know, it's none of my business." He says before heading into the media pen.

Oh, I am fucked.

--------------------------------

Hello everyone!

Since Carlos's story is ending I will be posting a new story to replace it, I haven't done th poll this time because I completely forgot.

The story is called "Broken" and it's about Max Verstappen. I hope you will all like it and take a few minutes to take a look at the first chapter since it will be posted at the same time as this one. 

Thank you all so much for all the support and I hope you love this story as much as I do because I am loving every second I am writing it!

Love you all <3