𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 17

♫ Mistake, might of made some
Can't argue with that, but I ain't one ♫

Lando Norris POV

The way she attacked me had me in for a surprise already, I might have very well broken my phone to keep her from falling off my back. The moment I helped her land safely on the couch and I turned around to find her without any makeup I was out of myself. I've never seen her like this.

And I have to be honest. She is gorgeous. She has freckles! And they look so good on her, I wish I'd seen her like this before. I wish every time we went to the pool or the beach as friends she hadn't used waterproof makeup, I would've fallen harder for her than I already did.

She was stunning, when she tried to leave because she was clearly panicking or embarrassed, I just held her wrist and sat her back down. I couldn't stop looking at every detail, I wanted to keep this image in my head, don't even ask me why.

"I already took a shower, I forgot about it. I just didn't want you to call Em, just let me go back inside!" She is explaining herself.

"Why are you justifying this? You should be able to not wear makeup around the house, I never said anything about it. I even found it weird that in so many years I had never seen you without makeup." My confusion is now expressed out loud and she shrugged.

"I don't like being without makeup, it brings up too many insecurities. I swear you will never have to see me without makeup again. I will be careful whenever you are around," she says nervously and gets up once again. We stand now face to face, I could easily kiss her head as I am 5'10 (177cm) and she is 5'3 (160cm).

"Please, don't ever wear makeup again if it has something to do with me," my ask clearly caught her by surprise. She looked up at me as shock still filled her face.

"What do you mean?" She asks confusedly.

"You look gorgeous. I don't know how to explain it. I never even knew you had freckles, they look good on you. I never even thought someone could be even more attractive with no makeup on. I was wrong, you are naturally beautiful. Why would you feel the need to always wear makeup? There is no need for that."

"I- I don't like people seeing me without makeup," she says as she looks down once again and I am disappointed I don't get to see her face once again.

"I am your husband so I think I can see you without makeup once in a while. Hasn't he seen you without it?" The question was bold, maybe too bold. She looked up at me so fast that I could bet she was going to give me a death stare.

"Nobody has seen me without makeup for years, consider yourself lucky. Only my makeup artists do when I have photoshoots," she prepares to leave so I set aside so she could do it.

"What do you want for dinner?" My question makes her turn around with her arms crossed.

"Will you call my sister if I don't answer?"

"I will, if my phone works," I say as I pick up my phone from the floor, it landed safely apparently, I got lucky. "And it works."

"Order me something from McDonald's," she says as she enters her room and I follow her and lean on the door frame.

"What do you like?"

"What do you recommend? Maybe order the same for both," she picked up her phone and came into the living room with me, which surprised me.

"Don't you like anything specific?" I ask confusedly, everyone has their choice when going out.

"I've never eaten McDonald's so if you could just order the same I would be very thankful Lando."

"You never had McDonald's? Wow, that is a whole different can of worms, 20 years without ever even trying a burger from there? How is that even possible? They are everywhere!" I am now interested in this but noticed how uncomfortable she felt, so I sat on the couch she was in and ordered the food.

When the food got here, I brought it to the table, turned on the television and we ate while watching a movie that was starting when we turned it on.

"This is pretty good!" She says as she stops to take a sip of her drink.

"I'm glad you like it," my words were honest. Today she appeared in front of me without makeup and tried something new, and it made me feel better than I've felt in a while. It made me remember when we were friends, and her smile made me happy.

"Thank you for insisting, I needed it. I would've probably fallen asleep without having dinner," she said as she leaned back and watched the movie after we finished eating.

"Do you do that a lot? Skip meals?" I ask worriedly and she shrugs. My eyes were on her face but she had no idea, she just kept her eyes on the movie and I smiled to myself.

"I do, it happens I guess."

There were no more words exchanged, I leaned back too and our feet met on the couch, we ignored the physical contact and kept watching the movie. I could only remember the night of our wedding, the night when I decided to consummate the marriage even if I was drunk.

I only fucked myself up. Having her in my arms felt good, but I resented her for what I thought was something she arranged, now I seriously doubt she might've been more involved than I was. But I felt betrayed and I decided to keep my distance, the importance she gave to her appearance to the point of waking up at dawn to do her makeup also fed my theories.

But here she is, looking more gorgeous than ever. She is my wife and I can't even touch her without feeling guilty about my own actions or without having doubts about her truthfulness.