Chapter 12: Inner demons

Chapter 12

Inner demons

Abaddon drifted along the clouds, he wasn’t alone in the sky. There were hundreds of his hounds flying about almost like bats. It wouldn’t be much longer until they were finished with this country and moved onto the next. This would repeat until eventually humans were eradicated off the face of the earth.  It was genocide on a world wide scale.

Abaddon did not have a destination in mind to where he was flying. He simply needed to clear his thoughts and get away from Lily. He was struggling to remain calm around her, she always believed that she was in the right and that her kinds were some sort of perfect people when that was definitely not the case in Abaddon’s mind.

He’d seen it all from the fall of the Romans to the rising of Hitler. While she’d never witness a thing. She was still ‘child like’ in human terms. If she was the one that had spent thousands of years in the underworld simply watching humans than she would have thought the same as Abaddon had.

Abaddon dived down onto an old church spire and perched himself so he had a view of the road in front of him. The road was desolate and empty, glass was shattered and cars were broken into while bodies of the drivers lay mauled apart and left to decay.

It was silent apart from the sound of wings beating in the distance. Abaddon took at deep breath and looked up at the sky.  The sun was beginning to sink behind the clouds as darkness began to sweep over the sky.

“Are you going to run away simply because you cannot admit your views are one sided Abaddon?” the mysterious voice from before echoed inside Abaddon head.

Abaddon tensed up. He didn’t know where the voice was coming from and who it was. Abaddon didn’t like the feel of not being in control and not being able to understand the situation.

“Who are you? I command you to answer me and reveal your presence now! You have no idea of what I can inflict upon you.” Abaddon said out loud.

Abaddon waited for something or someone up appear in front of him but yet nothing did.

“Who I am is nothing that concerns you, neither does my location.” The voice replied again.

Abaddon let out a small snarl escape as his anger began to build. He wasn’t amused by this practical joke being played upon him. Abaddon was serious and had no time for foolish tricks.

“I have no patience for this, if you do not show yourself I’ll make sure the gods make you suffer an eternal punishment” Abaddon shouted into the streets.

 “You and your anger Abaddon, you do realise I’m not in a physical appearance. So shouting angrily into an obviously abandoned street isn’t going to achieve much.”

Abaddon frowned, he had no idea what was invading his mind or what it wanted.

“What do you want?” Abaddon asked harshly.

“I want you to see through the eyes of the humans you’ve been slaughtering, especially Lily.” The voice replied.