Prologue

If you enjoy reading this then please comment and vote to show your support as it really does mean alot. Thanks all.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Wings of the Apocalypse

Prologue

Deep within the very heart of the underworld there is a hallway made of the finest crystals known to man. Inside this hallway there is shelf upon shelves of hourglasses with names underneath labelled in alphabetical order. There is an hourglass for every human life on this earth and this is their resting place.

The point of the hourglass is to measure time. Every human has an hourglass from the moment they are born into this world. The sands will slowly sink from one end of the glass to the other during their lifetime. When the sands run out it’s the end. Or death as most may call it.

The moment a human soul is created is the moment that is decided how much sand one’s hourglass will contain.

Hourglasses were an idea from the gods as a way of keeping track of time, similar to a database of time for a human life cycle. If one was to “Accidently” break and the sands where to leak out of its original container the owner of the hourglass or the human as it may be would instantly die.

Because of the rate humans reproduce the hallway automatically extends its self to the amount of room needed to store the hourglasses. The hallway could never be measured as it endlessly expands its self daily.

At the very end of the hallway. If one was able enough to possible be able to reach it, rests a much larger hourglass to one that are individually owned by a human, but this one doesn’t belong to a human, instead it belongs to humanity. When the sands run out on this hourglass humans will destroyed. There are a numbers of names for this, some would say the end of the world others may refer to it as the apocalypse or even judgement day. Either way it all means the same, as the whole of human life would be ended