Chapter 14: The Dawn

Chapter 14

The Dawn

Lily awoke to find Abaddon staring at her from the front of the bed, Lily screamed and ducked her head under the covers. She heard Abaddon’s disapproving tone of voice from under the sheet.

“Oh, so now you’re scared of me.” Abaddon muttered.

Lily popped her head from under the covers and rolled her eyes at Abaddon.

“Less of the attitude mortal.” Abaddon said as a half smirk appeared across his lips.

Lily let out a small playful moan. “Why do you have to treat me like a child all the time, I’m 18 that means I’m an adult by law” Lily said pouting.

“Laws serve no purpose on a dying world, now hurry up and get out of bed we’ve got places to be.”

Lily raised an eyebrow at Abaddon in a questioning way.

“We’ve?”  Lily replied confused.

“Yes we, that means two people, those would be you and I.” Abaddon spoke proudly.

“I didn’t mean it like that, I meant I’m coming with you?”

Abaddon slowly nodded in response. “Yes, it’s pretty clear to me you can’t take care of yourself despite that fact you claim to be an adult.”

“Well most adults don’t tend to have to deal with the fact that they’re going to die in the apocalypse!” Lily said in her defence.

Abaddon simply shrugged his shoulders as if he couldn’t care less. “Hurry up.”

Lily let out a sigh in defeat and climbed out of the bed, grabbing her bag before marching towards the bathroom.

“I’ll be done in a sec!” Lily called out before slamming the door behind her.

Lily grabbed a top and quickly changed out of her old one before taking off her shorts and replacing them with jeans, she didn’t know what the climate was going to be like for where ever Abaddon was planning to take her, not that she had a range of outdoor clothes she could change into anyways.

Lily sat down on titled bathroom floor and neatly tied up the laces off her boots before standing up and peering at herself in the mirror.

The last few days had taken had taken a toll on Lily’s appearance. Her once long blonde flowing hair was now flat and lifeless looking, while her eyes looked tired and saggy.

Lily shuddered at the image staring back at her from the mirror, at first she couldn’t believe it was her, she looked so dead and zombie like it was hard for her to believe it was herself that was reflecting back at her.

Lily pulled open the bathroom door and stepped outside. Abaddon was kneeled down by the waste bin peering at what was inside.

Lily awkwardly walked over to Abaddon.

“Did you draw these?” Abaddon said pulling out one of the pictures out of the bin.

Lily nodded weakly. “Err... Guess so.”

“Why are you trying to draw me?”

Lily looked around the room trying to think of an excuse to get out of the embarrassing situation she was in.

“It’s not you.” Lily wished she could have mentally slapped herself for her stupid response.

“Oh? So how many demons do you happen to know then?” Abaddon smirked.