Chapter 9: The essence of existence

Chapter 9

The essence of existence

The sound of fierce howls sent shudders down Lily’s spine. The sound of beating wings grew louder as they endless army of hounds swept through the sky.

“We need to go, I don’t think your frail body will be able to withstand what’s going to happen next.” Abaddon murmured.

Lily wasn’t in the mood to argue, instead she simply nodded her head in agreement.

“Your too slow on foot, I’ll have to carry you” Abaddon replied as the swarm of beasts began to make their descent.

Lily wanted to desperately detest but decided it was best not to since there was a large army of killer beasts heading in her direction.

Immediately Abaddon wrapped his arms delicately around Lily’s waist, being careful not to crush her, before Abaddon launched himself into the sky.

Lily scrunched her eyes shut. She was scared of heights and dared not to look what could possibly be below her.

Within moments of their descent into the air it was over. Lily felt relived to finally be back on solid ground again.

Abaddon however looked slightly disgusted with himself for holding a human and not actually killing it.

“So where did you take me?” Lily asked as she stared at the huge building in front of her.

It had a glass like shell surrounding it and advertisement posters stuck onto the nearby walls.  This like everywhere was empty and desolate.

“This is a shopping centre or a shopping mall as Americans might say.” Abaddon replied.

“Oh, so why did you take me here then?”

“To say it bluntly, you look a mess. You should find yourself some clothes and food and whatever else you humans need for survival, besides didn’t your queen’s always put on their best outfits before you cut off their heads?” Abaddon replied blankly.

“I really wasn’t there to witness that.”

Lily felt a tinge of anger, she was offended by Abaddon’s words. But didn’t say anything in her defence, he was right. The sweat and dirt stained clothes did not look the same from when she had first bought them in the shop.

“Now go, I have matters to attend to.” Abaddon said in a rush.

Of course Lily knew what that meant by “Matters to attend to” he wanted to go join in the killing spree that was unfurling in America.

“Wait, you’re just going to let me go alone shopping?” Lily exclaimed.

“I don’t see why not, if you try to run away I’ll just simply hunt you down again like I did last time. You cannot escape from me nobody can.”