Eleven

My exams are still going on but studying this much continuosly has got my brain in a swamp, so I am planning on writing two chapters of this and maybe 1-2 one shots for the other book (requests still open).

Let's go!

Vote and comment <3

***

The first match of the one day series that the team was supposed to play got rained down and had to be cancelled while in the second game, they had been clean sweeped by the South African side.

Rohit had been worrying too much about this series. Coming out of the champions trophy final loss last year, the ODI side for India had been a bit messy.

Rohit tried as much as he could to not show it to Virat knowing how Virat had to go through the most as he was captain for that final.

Rohit was sitting alone by the pool with his feet in the water at around 11 PM.

No one else was there since mostly everyone else had gone to sleep after a tiring day of practice or were in the team room like Virat himself.

The images of the last game as well as the CT final were surfing in and out of his head making him wonder where they always seemed to go wrong.

He knew he shouldn't be thinking about the past and rather think about what they should do to get better but it was hard.

He put his head in his hands trying to focus on the sound of the ocean, the insects and the light voices which can be heard from inside the hotel to get his mind off it all but he was failing.

Rohit felt a light touch on his shoulder, he flinched suddenly at that but looked up to find Ritika standing there looking just as beautiful as always.

Ritika was looking at him like if she had put just a tiny bit more pressure in that touch, she would've broken him.

"Hi there, Mr. Sharma" She gave him a teasing smile.

Rohit rolled his eyes playfully.

"I have told you to not call me that, Coffee girl." He replied.

"Ro, are you okay?" She asked him with concern lacing her voice.

The smile dropped from Rohit's face for a moment but he brought it back to look strong in front of Ritika.

"ofcourse why would I not be okay?" He said through his fake smile.

"Can I sit here?" Ritika asked pointing towards the spot next to Rohit.

Rohit just nodded.

Ritika sat down next to him and dipped her feet in the water too.

They sat there not talking for 5 minutes in silence.

"You know, you should learn how to lie better." Ritika broke the silence.

"Hmm?" Rohit looked at her.

"I am just saying if you want to lie about how you are feeling then maybe you should be better at it."

Rohit again wondered how these Kohli siblings were so good at reading him.

"I don't want you to worry. It's nothing."

"Ro, I might be your manager but I am also your friend. You can talk to me about anything."

"It's just...The last match we performed was so out of form after playing so well in the T20 series just a week ago. One match got rained out, second we lost, just one more loss and we'll be disappointing everyone again with our ODI play."