Eight

I just realized I accidentally put almost the entire last chapter as one text because I just copied it off from the editor and posted it as such, which restricted in-line comments. 😭

Vote and comment <3

***

"Now, Jassi, can you tell me what happened?" Rohit added Jassi.

"Woh, Bhaiya Nush called Virat Bhaiya 'cheeku' then he called her 'nusheswar' and they started bickering." Jassi told Rohit.

(AN: I searched for a nickname for Nushka on Google because I couldn't come up with anything funny.)

"They were calling each other such inventive names." Harry laughed out loud.

"I think Nush once called Virat 'a monkey hanging on a tree branch scratching his empty head' and 'a lone piece of wilted lettuce on the dinner plate in a feast' is what Virat replied with." Harry was now laughing so loudly and holding his stomach.

Rohit was standing there with his mouth open, looking at the two in confusion.

He heard a low chuckle come from his right.

Ritika was trying to stop the grin from reaching her face, which made him smile a little.

"How do you two come up with such crazy things to call each other? will always be a surprise to me." Rohit sighed, rubbing his forehead with his fingers.

"It just comes naturally bhai"

"Dil se aata hai Ro tu nahi samjhega"

Anushka and Virat said at the same time.

They both chuckled at that but stopped and looked at each other with narrow eyes.

Rahul face-palmed and said to Rohit, "BRo, I have no clue how these two manage to do this, like it's worse than you and Virat, which says a lot."

"Rahuliya, Ro's got years of practice." Virat winked at Rohit.

Rohit rolled his eyes.

"You three," Rohit pointed at Rah, Jassi, and Harry, "go do whatever you want."

The three musketeers left with a pouting Harry, who was being thrown away from the drama.

"Anu, we'll watch something in your room? or do you wanna rest?" Rohit asked Anushka.

"Yes, please, it's been forever." Anushka replied with a glimmer in her eyes.

Rohit felt warm seeing his little sister so happy.

"And Virat, you spend some time with your sister too." Rohit all but ordered Virat.

"Okay skipper. Aapka order sarakhon par." Vi said while grinning and gave Rohit a kind of salute.

Rohit rolled his eyes at him.

"Goodnight Ritika." Rohit smiled at Ritika.

"Goodnight Rohit" Ritika replied shyly.

"Mujhe bhi goodnight bol" Virat complained.

"Sleep on time, Virat, or else you'll be walking around all day like a damn zombie." Rohit said to Virat.