𝐛𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 ✰ ~ 𝗺𝐚𝐭𝐭

i was dating matt. and today he was filming a video with his brothers. he asked me to join.

it was a baking video.

they decided to blindfold me so i was the one baking and they were helping.

filming

"where is it?" i say with a small giggle as i put my hands over the counter to try and find the actual baking mix.

"it's right there" matt says from behind me.

"i don't know where 'there' is" i finally found the cake mix.

i tip it into the bowl but apparently a lot of it got on the counter instead . . whoops?

"now that you got half of it on the counter, add milk" nick says.

i start to pat my hands on the counter again, trying to find the milk and find it a lot quicker. i think one of them pushed it toward me.

i grab the measuring cup, after a lot more searching, and fill it with the milk over the bowl. and yes, way too much was added. whoops again?

i hear a sigh and i know it's matt. he's got to be shaking his head too.

"don't sigh at me, matthew."

"how'd you know it was him?" chris asks.

"he sighs a lot" i shrug.

i eventually, poorly, finish making the cake. i take my blindfold off and look at the monstrosity i've made.

"that's gonna kill us." i point out.

"it's not baked yet" nick says.

"doesn't change the outcome that none of us will live another day" i say.

we put it into the oven and wait for it to bake. which is while. it was like soup.

break from filming

"do you like filming?" matt asks me.

"it's okay. it is kinda fun" i answer.

"you should film more videos with us" he murmurs and we go quiet for a bit after that.

filming again

once the cake is baked, we start filming again and put the blindfold back on me.

"icing time" chris says to the camera. i'm assuming at least. god knows what kid does.

i get some of the icing out and . . still isn't looking promising.

i try to spread it and i can feel matt hovering behind me.

"any space?" i ask him as i aimlessly spread the icing.

"you're doing a bad job" he says.

"wow thanks. encouraging. good boyfriend material" sarcasm of course.

"i know" he says and i know he's grinning.

i keep spreading the icing and when it's finally done, i take off my blindfold.

"that's . . the ugliest thing i've ever seen. please say we're never putting this in our mouths" i say with disgust.

even chris wouldnt eat this. yea, it's that bad.

"we'd get food poisoning" matt says. i don't think he's joking.

"well this was fun" nick says with false enthusiasm.

we finish filming the video and then matt and i go back to his room.

"so you like filming?" he asks as he stroked my hair.

"yea" i answer.

the cake got thrown out.

a/n
update ⁉️ woah 😨
bad ik but it's an update 🤷‍♀️
i finished if he had been with me today
actual sobbing.
and i never cry at books so it's serious
can't wait for if only i had told her 😁😕
WAIT WHAT I WAS JS LOOKING FOR THAT EMOJI AND SAW THESE 🙂‍↕️🙂‍↔️ UM OKAY 😭
anywayyy
probably won't update for months again 😘😘