𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞 ✰ ~ 𝗺𝐚𝐭𝐭

it's 3 in the morning and matt fell asleep about half an hour ago. we're laying in his bed, cuddling. my head is on his chest and my arms around his middle whilst his arms are around my waist.

but i cannot sleep.

i turn over so that me and matt are not now cuddling but apparently that woke him up.

i feel his arms go back to my waist and him pull me back towards him, "you okay?" he asks me sleepily.

"i can't sleep" i tell him as i turn around again so that we're not facing each other.

"late night drive?" he suggests, knowing it helps me.

"are you sure?" i want to make sure since he was just asleep and i don't want to trouble him.

"we're going. come on" he doesn't say anything else or let me argue with him.

he removes his hands from my waist and stands up, me following him after.

we put on our shoes, still in our pyjamas, and leave the house.

matt goes to the drivers side and i go to the passenger one. once we're both in the car, he holds my hand. he only lets go of it if he needs both hands to drive but hold it again the second he can.

we talk about random things as he drives.

by the end of the car ride, i'm really tired and my eyes start to feel heavy.

i rest my head against the window and my eyes close.

when i wake up again, i'm being carried. i look up and see matt.

he opens the door to his house and he carries me back to his room.

he kicks off his shoes and then lays me down on the bed, removing my shoes. he covers my body with the covers.

he lays down next to me and holds me by my waist.

i lay my head on his chest and close my eyes once again, falling into a deep sleep.

"goodnight" i hear matt whisper before he kisses my head.

"goodnight" i say back weakly.

sleep soon takes over my body.