Chapter 30

Gentle movement of fingers tucked inside his own wakes Jimin from an uncomfortable sleep. He pushes his head up, instantly grimacing at the tightness in his neck and the pounding in his head.

"Hey sleepyhead," Yoongi whispers teasingly. "Not much of a night watch, are you?"

"You know, I would give you a witty retort about how I spent all night rescuing you and then saving you, but... I don't wanna seem like I'm bragging," Jimin says with a laugh that lights up his face. 

 Yoongi can't help but grin and tease him playfully. "O reeaally? You.. Rescued Me? Where was Namjoon while all this rescuing and saving was happening? I would ask how Kookie is but, he must be fine or you wouldn't be so happy."

"Ok Ok, to be fair: Namjoon helped rescue. But I saved. And Kookie is fine. He was mainly just dehydrated. You got the worst of it."

"And what about the Djinn?"

"It's dead."

Yoongi narrows his eyes a little. "How? They're sneaky bastards."

"I shot it. In the head," Jimin looked a little proud until he saw Yoongi's suspicious look.

"Total accident though," Jimin reassured "Namjoon let me use a gun - apparently I'm a natural - and it cornered me while he was on the other side of the house. I didn't have a choice."

Yoongi considers his words and then smiles proudly. "I knew you had it in you but..." he thinks for a moment before continuing, "I'm gonna smack Namjoon upside the head when I get outta this bed. What the fuck was he thinking leaving you alone like that?"

"He didn't really have a choice. We had been looking for you and Jungkook for a while. We were desperate and out of time. I told him that you said it might be a djinn. From that moment on, he was the most calm....crazy person I ever saw. It was... intense." Jimin looks down at Yoongi and decides to change the subject.

"But enough about last night. How are you feeling? Your color is so much better."

"I feel ok. A little weak. But other than that I'm ok."

Jimin nods. "I'm gonna run get your brothers and get you some food and a drink. That'll help a lot."

Jimin is already up and out the door before Yoongi can respond. A few minutes later, he hears footsteps pounding toward him before Namjoon and Jungkook rush into the room.

They both run over and hug him - well, more like smother him since he's flat on his back. Jungkook lifts his head and pulls it into a bear hug. 

"Yoongi I was so scared. Are you ok?" Jungkook shouts into his ear. Yoongi taps his arm, silently pleading Jungkook to let go of his head. When he finally does, Yoongi pants a little to catch his breath. 

"I won't be if you suffocate me," Yoongi teases before smiling at his younger brother. Kookie does look good. Healthy. Back in the shack, even in his trance, some deep part of his mind was terrified for Jungkook.

"Do you want to sit up?" Namjoon asks as he prepares to elevate the bed. Yoongi nods in response. His back is achy after laying flat for so many hours. 

Yoongi listens intently as Namjoon begins to tell his account of the events. Very similar to Jimin's, although Jimin didn't mention that he had been outside yesterday. That completely goes against everything they discussed. He knows he'll have to bring it up later. 

**********

Upstairs, Jimin takes the opportunity to place Yoongi's basement key just under his bed. Thankfully, there's carpet. It's easy enough to believe that it could have fallen out of his back pocket. There wouldn't have been a thud.

Then he quickly races to the kitchen to prepare food. He starts with a sandwich - ham, turkey, cheese, mustard, mayo, and a sprinkle of pepper. Then he slices banana, strawberries, and grapes into a fruit salad. He pulls a bottle of water out of the fridge to complete the meal.

He bends slightly to pick the tray up when a piercing sound echos in his mind. He grabs his forehead, hoping to stop the pain, when he hears a voice he knows too well. "Jimin, Tae wants to see you. Come now."

The piercing sound goes away and he's left with a dull throbbing in his head. Knowing that they can communicate between Earth and Hell is one thing. Experiencing it is entirely different. What the fuck is he gonna do now?!