Chapter 15

"You did what?! Yoongi, are you fucking stupid?" the younger brother yells from the passenger seat.

"I didn't know he would go back down there! I thought he would hang out in his room. Or the living room where the snacks are nearby!"

"I sure hope you...we...can trust him." Jungkook shook his head in pure disappointment.

"We can. He's been here for days and hasn't shown any reason that we shouldn't trust him. I even used..."

"Holy water. I know. You told me already. I'm just worried. What you said about that demon. And now we've left a stranger in the house with Namjoon."

"Kookie, he can take care of himself. And we are only a phone call and a few hours away. He knows to call us if anything suspicious happens. Now, I need you to get your head in the game. The last thing we need is you getting hurt because you're distracted."

Jungkook nodded his head but didn't respond for a while. He knows Yoongi's right but he's not happy about any of it.

**********

"So what's the plan when we get there?"

"Well, all the missing people are from the same suburb. So logically, they are either being taken from home or scoped out at home. So let's start there."

The pair arrived to the suburb around mid-afternoon. It's large and full of cookie-cutter houses and large SUVs. They drove around slowly looking for anything suspicious - vehicles that don't fit in or lurkers. All seemed normal.

"Did you see that a few rows are still under construction? We should check them out when it gets dark."

"You read my mind. If I'm kidnapping people, that's where I'm taking them. They'll be buried under a house. Not much chance of being found," Yoongi added darkly.

"Let's check in to the hotel and get some dinner. Then we can come back."

"I want fried chicken. And cake."

Jungkook burst out laughing. "Hyung, are you pregnant?!"

Yoongi gave him a look that said are you stupid?

"Of course not. I just have a sweet tooth."

Jungkook still laughing just nodded his head.

*********

A few hours, and two buckets of chicken later, the pair were leaving the restaurant with full bellies.

"Do you need to go back to the hotel to change? Or good like that?"

Jungkook looked down at his outfit. "I'm good. We're just looking around that site."

"Ok but those shoes. What if we have to run?"

He looked down at his huge combat boots. "I can run in these."

"Kookie you trip walking in them."

Jungkook giggled. "Ok true. I'll change."

"Awesome," Yoongi chuckled as he headed toward his truck.

Back at the hotel, Yoongi waited in the truck while Jungkook ran upstairs and changed his shoes. He's feeling a little anxious since they don't know what they're dealing with yet. That's always the scariest hunts because they can't prepare properly.

His phone buzzes and he smiles down at it.

Jimin: I miss you. Is that weird?

He begins typing his reply immediately since he's just waiting right now anyway.