Chapter 16

Yoongi woke up to the smell of breakfast cooking and...coffee? He can just barely hear the sound of talking and laughing. He rolls over to stretch before climbing out of bed and getting dressed. As he comes down the stairs, he sees Namjoon and Jungkook sitting on the couch watching TV.

He squeezes Namjoon's shoulder and ruffles JK's hair as he continues into the kitchen.

He freezes just for a second as he sees his mom cooking and his dad pouring a cup of coffee.

"Hey baby," she smiles warmly when she sees him.

"Hey sleeping beauty," his dad jokes as he walks in and kisses his mom on the cheek.

"Ha ha" Yoongi says with a sarcastic smile as he grabs a coffee mug. "I had to work late last night."

"Are they ever going home?" dad asks as he glances toward the living room. 

"Probably not. Your fault though. You just had to make us hang out all the time."

"I know, now I can't get rid of them," he chuckles. "Speaking of, camping trip next weekend? Mr. Kim wants to go hiking before it gets too hot."

"Sounds great. I can get off early on Friday."

"Perfect. I'll make the arrangements. Mom, are you and the ladies coming with?"

"I think so. The weather's still nice. It'll be fun to go as a group before Jungkook goes to university."

His dad smiles and claps his hands together. "Yes! Couldn't agree more. I'm so excited baby," he smiles as he leans in and kisses her.

"Me too babe."

"Ok, I gotta go to work for just a little while."

"On the weekend?" his mom pouted.

"I'm sorry mama, it won't be for long. I promise."

"Ok. But sit and eat as a family first."

"Yes ma'am." He smiles and kisses her sweetly.

Yoongi made a fake gagging sound and laughed as he walked into the living room.

"Breakfast is ready," he told them and they immediately turned the TV off to get up and come eat.

"Looks amazing Mrs. Min," they told her.

"Yeah mom, thank you," Yoongi smiled.

The group all carried various trays of food to the table before sitting together and digging in. They have pancakes, bacon, cheese eggs, and mixed fruit.

After they finish everything, Yoongi jumps up and grabs plates. "I'll wash these."

His mom looks at him with wide eyes, "I'm sorry, you'll what?"

"Wash dishes..." Yoongi said a little slowly. "Is that ok?" he asks, confused by her reaction.

"Of course it is. Thank you."

Yoongi smiles at her as he walks around the table collecting everything. His friends jump up and head into the kitchen to help. They do all of the dishes and then wipe down the counters and stove top.

"Bye baby, I love you. I'll see you soon." His dad grabs his briefcase and heads toward the door. Opening it, he freezes for a second. 

"Oh, hey Jimin. Good to see you again."

Yoongi froze in place. Jimin?

"Hey Mr. Min. Same to you. Is Yoongi awake?"

"In the kitchen. Doing dishes of all things," he chuckled on the way out the door. 

Jimin came in and took his shoes off before heading toward the kitchen.

"Good Morning baby," he whispered in his ear as he hugged Yoongi from behind.

Yoongi was still frozen in place. An uneasiness has spread through his chest.

"Hey Jimin. What are you doing here?"

Jimin giggled and let Yoongi's waist go. "What do you mean? It's your day off. I'm here to spend it together like we talked about."

"We did?"  I'm sorry. I forgot."

Jimin gently turned Yoongi around to look him in the eyes.

"Baby what's wrong?"

Yoongi laughed quietly. "I don't know. I just feel off. Not like myself. I'm sorry."

Jimin leaned in and kissed him gently. "You don't have to be sorry. Everyone has off days. Do you wanna stay here instead of going to the festival?"

"Um..no..we can still go. Can Kookie and Joon come too?"

Jimin gave him a confused look. "Kookie? You mean Jungkook? Ummm...sure. If that's what you want."

Yoongi smiles and nods his head. 

Jimin smiles back. "Ok, go get ready."

***********

An hour later the foursome is walking into a food and drink festival. Jimin links his fingers with Yoongi's as they split up from Namjoon and Jungkook to go get beer. Once they get in line, Jimin turns to face Yoongi.

"What's on your mind baby? You're quiet today."

Yoongi glances at the people around them. "I don't know. This day feels weird to me. My parents, my friends, you. I'm just overwhelmed."

Jimin dropped their fingers and stepped back a little. "I'm sorry. You said you wanted to come."

Yoongi stepped toward him and linked their fingers again. "It's not you baby. I do want to be here. With you. With them. I just can't shake the feeling something is off. But I don't know what so it's bothering me."

Jimin pecked Yoongi's lips gently. "Maybe just a long week at work. You're probably stressed and all these people and noises aren't helping. Why don't we find some dinner, have a drink, and then we can go home and take a bath? It'll help you relax."

"Sounds perfect. Thank you. I really am sorry."

Jimin pulled him into a tight hug before whispering, "you don't need to be. I want you happy and healthy. Plus, there are worse ways to spend my night than massaging my boyfriend in the bath."

A/N

Happiest of Birthdays Yoongi 💜🥳🎂I hope 30 treats you wellMuch love 🫶

I hope 30 treats you well
Much love 🫶