🧋Chapter 9🧋

I left the apartment in the morning then noticed Minho waiting across the street for me. I made my way to him with a bit of pain in my back again.

My appa got home drunk and angry again worst than last time. I didn't have the right bandages for my wounds so hopefully some paper towels help.

"Good morning Minho.", I smile at him.
"Morning. Here you go.", he hands me a lunch box.

"Oh I-"
"Don't say anything and just eat it."

"Thanks."

I don't know why or how but I suddenly started crying. Maybe it was from the pain that gets harder and harder to hide.

"What's wrong Felix?"
"I-I'm s-sorry..it's...n-nothing."
"Obviously it's something. Tell me."

I didn't think I can go on anymore and that makes me feel useless. I was afraid to tell Minho the truth because I feel it'll only make things worse.

No matter what I look like on the outside I'm always in deep pain that I can never escape from on the inside.

I wiped my tears and took him somewhere private. I trusted him. Enough to tell him what happened and what's been happening. I didn't want to live with my appa anymore. But I also think no matter where I went he'd always find me.

"I-it h-hurts s-s-so much hyung. I-I...I can't..the café i-is my o-only happy place a-and.."

I get cut off by hug from him which surprised me since he didn't like anyone touching him.

"It's ok. I'll text Chan then I'll take you to the hospital."
"W-what are y-you gonna tell him?", I sniffled.

"Don't worry."

We get in what I think is his car and I slowly leaned back in the seat so my back wouldn't hurt as much.

"Go ahead and eat now."
"I don't think I can."
"Why not?"

"I won't be able to finish it."

"You can save it for later."
"My appa said if I can't eat it all at once then it's a waste of money."

"Well I'm saying it won't be a waste."

I opened the box and took a few bites of half a sandwich before I stopped.

"It's good."

We arrived at the hospital and I carefully got out the car. Before closing the door I noticed blood on the seat.

"Gasp!"
"What is it?", Minho came to see what I was looking at.

"Oh my. I am so sorry. I'll clean it up.", I took some napkins out of my pockets and tried to clean it.

"Felix. Felix! It's fine. Don't worry about the seat."
"But it'll stain if I don't clean it."

"That shouldn't be your main concern."

He grabs a blanket from the back and placed it around me then we went inside. Since I was losing blood I was taken to the infirmary room while Minho was still at my side.

I took my shirt off then laid with my stomach down on the bed as the doctor instructed.

"You're going to need a few stitches ok?"
My breathing speeds up and I got up from the bed.

"Uhm...I'm not a big fan of needles."
"It's ok. After the medicine you took it will little to no pain."

Minho assured me that there was nothing to worry about and I laid back down with my head resting on my arms. Some time later after the stitches the doctor placed some patches on them for protection.

"Ok. You're all done. Make sure you change the patches everyday to avoid bacteria and infection. I'll be back with your test results."

I sit up straight facing Minho and looked down at my hands.
"Are you ok?"

"Yeah...or maybe no."
"It's ok to not be ok. I won't judge you."

I give a slight nod. The doctor comes back with a clipboard and reads off of it.

"So Felix. The prognosis is you're grossly underweight, low blood pressure and blood sugar, based on your daily intake you have developed an eating disorder, and based on your questionnaire I see you are stressed and you overwork yourself."

'I can't say I'm surprised.'

"I apologize for saying this but I'm surprised you're alive. What I recommend you do is to go see a psychiatrist, a nutritionist, find whatever calms you mentally to release stress and reduce your work. And whichever the problem may be you should stay away from that."

"Ok.."

It was a lot to take in. I was in a very unhealthy state and doing things by myself is not an option. But what I was really worried about was telling Chan and the others about my condition. Especially if I may not be able to work at the coffee shop anymore.

I'm even more terrified.