Ch. 22

"Hey Aiden, we need to get up." I murmur, trying to lift Aiden's arm from around me.

I hear Aiden groan behind me and move his arm from around me. "Yeah, you're right, mon amour. We both need to check on the others, but first I need to look at your bandages."

Aiden moves off the couch and grabs the medicine kit. He re-bandages my cut and together we walk out of the room.

The house has been cleaned up completely since last night and my brothers sat like they normally did at the kitchen counter, eating breakfast. Aiden had sent one of the guards to tell my family it was okay to come out of the safe room after everything was taken care of.

"I'm assuming everything went smoothly last night," Lucien asks from where he is sitting next to Alexandre. He still looked a little pale and was slowly eating the eggs placed in front of him.

"Yes, don. One person from the group that attacked is in the basement for questioning." Aiden replies sharply.

"Good." Lucien slumps down in his seat. Not by a lot, but enough for me to notice.

"Lucien, where are Mia and Alessia?" I say while looking around the kitchen for them. It wouldn't be wise to send them back on their own given what just happened.

"We sent them both back to their places of residence with a number of guards each. Why?"

My eyes widen slightly at what I just heard, but I knew yelling at Lucien now wouldn't be wise.
"After something like this?" I try to keep my voice level, but a sinking feeling in my stomach starts to appear.

I pull out my phone and call the number that Mia placed in my phone days ago. Ring, Ring.

"Who are you calling?" Alexandre asks, but Lucien puts a hand on his shoulder and shakes his head.

"Sorry I am unable to answer your call at this time. Please call again later." Mia's voice blasts through the phone.

Aiden stares at the phone in my hand, like he was hoping she would call back. "She's probably still asleep. She always likes to sleep in late." Aiden says, but only I can see the worry in his eyes.

I look back at Lucien. "Call Alessia." I don't have to tell him twice before he pulls out his phone and dials the number.

"Hello," Lucien says into the phone, but the voice that answers makes Lucien's voice tense up in anger.

"Oh hello Lucien," a robotic voice answers. It seems like the person on the other end was using a voice changer. "It seems you don't like it when I take things from you."

"Where the fuck is she!" Lucien all but yells into the phone. He can't be doing this right now. I walk over to Lucien and all but grab the phone from him. Lucien starts to stand up, but Alexandre pulls him back down and fights him on it. Lucien then starts to glare bullets at me, but I ignore his action as I wait for the kidnapper's response.

"Meet at warehouse number 4851 at ten tonight if you want to see your girl again."

"Only one girl?" I ask impassively. "What if I want two?"

"Aren't you greedy. Well I guess that could be expected due to the environment you grew up in."

I scoff. "Never mind. We will see you at 10." I hang up the call, sliding it back on the counter to Lucien. He grabs it, and puts it back into his pocket.

I look out of the corner of my eye at Aiden and see his fists tighten. I look away completely to help my urge to wrap my hands around him and comfort him.

"We need to start preparing. I am going to go get the men and guns ready to use." Aiden steps away from the counter and walks back out into the hallway. Mylan follows out behind him.