Ch. 21

I look around the room for anyone acting weird, but let's just say that it's hard to do when everyone just heard gunshots. Everyone was still hiding under the table. My brothers, cousins, and Aiden were holding their weapon of choice. It was most likely a gun since none of them saw the benefits of using a knife like I did.

After a few more seconds, my brothers start to crawl out from underneath the table and take a quick scan around the room for anything abnormal.

The gunshots had disappeared and I slowly pushed Lucien from my lap underneath the table and dragged myself out. I barely give myself a second to stretch my legs before I reached for the spoon that was on Lucien's plate. I dipped the spoon into the soup and brought it to my mouth. Right before it touched my mouth though, a hand whacked the spoon onto the ground.

I look up to see Aiden glaring at me. "What the hell is wrong with you, don't you know that the soup was poisoned?!"

Alexandre walks back into the room after getting his medical bag and put his hand on Aiden's shoulder. "Cameron will be fine. He was taught by our dad to taste different poisons and gain immunity to them so that if he were to ever to fall into a trap and get poisoned, he would be fine."

I look back at the soup and dip a new spoon into it, being careful as to not drip any onto myself. As soon as my tongue touches the soup I am able to pull out the different ingredients used. I list out the different chemicals used to Alexandre so he can make an antidote.

Bang, Bang, Bang. The sound of more gunshots fill the air. I am guessing this time they are from our guards. "Pierce, help me lift Lucien. Mia, Alessia, Mylan follow me. Matheo follows closely behind us. We are going to the safe room. Aunt Elise, Uncle Patrick, follow if you want." Alexandre says immediately, ordering everyone around like he would if he was a head doctor at a hospital.

Alexandre looked over to me and Aiden, who had now walked closer to me. "You two got it?"

I give Alexandre a solid nod, looking over Aiden as he does the same while pulling out his two guns from under his suit coat. I watch as Mylan wastes no time in unlocking one of the hidden doors and dashing through it. He was probably going to go find his computer and track down who broke in. Alexandre follows behind him making sure the two woman are close to him before running faster. Matheo is last, closing the door behind him, but not before mouthing to me a small 'good luck'.

I pull out my throwing knives walking beside Aiden to the main door that would lead us to the commotion. Aiden flashes his eyes towards me for a quick second to make sure I'm prepared before throwing the door open. We both go running out to help the other mafia members.

A pungent odor of decay and demise filled the room. Blood and men dressed the floor together like it was the Battle of Normandy. At least 50 men in all black suits and masks were fighting against our men. Aiden pointed towards one of our men who had just finished off another. "Make sure you keep one of them alive. And tell the others that too." The man nods before disappearing back into the crowd.

Aiden doesn't have time to say anything else before a man wearing the similar garment of his comrades throws a flying punch towards his head. Aiden easily ducks and I see a man coming towards me with a knife.

He stops short in front of me and throws his hand with the knife forward into my stomach. I quickly counterattack with one of my knives blocking his and I use my other to cut along his throat and give him a quick death. The man falls onto the ground along with the others and I don't waste time before I'm in another fight with two others.

This becomes a pattern for the next few minutes before everyone who comes in my direction is dead. I look over to see how Aiden is doing and before I even know what's happening I am throwing one of my knives at a man raising a gun at Aiden's back.