Ch. 18

As I slowly woke up the next morning, I realized that I was cocooned between the warm embrace of someone's arms and body. The strong arm was wrapped tightly around my waist, and my face was pressed against a hard chest that exuded a pleasant scent of musk and spice.

The sensation of being held by someone felt comforting yet strange at the same time. Suddenly, I felt my body shift, and a deep, husky voice mumbled into my hair, sending a shiver down my spine. "Good morning."

I move back slightly, not breaking the embrace, to get a better look at the figure laying next to me. Aiden's hair glowed a light brown due to the tiny slip of light coming through the windows and passing the drapes.

Now I know what your thinking. Aren't you supposed to be smart? What if someone walks in? Well all I can say is that we didn't start like this in bed together.

After everyone had driven back Lucien had sent everyone to their rooms besides me. Once he deemed everyone a safe distance away, he asked me if I had found anything to which would be helpful. I gave him a subtle nod, still weary of the few guards around, and walked back up the stairs to my room with the promise to explain in more depth at a different time.

As I came across my room though, I noticed that my door had been opened a sliver. Apprehensive, I pulled out a throwing knife from my suit and held it tightly in front of me as I slowly pushed the bedroom door open.

That's when I saw the lone figure of Aiden, sitting on my bed.

"Hey." Aiden waves as if I wasn't pointing a knife at his chest.

I close my door allowing it to click shut and walk over to the man patiently waiting for me.

"You do realize that I could've just thrown a knife at you and ended your life." I scold in a low voice.

"That's a little morbid."

"But it could have happened."

"I am disappointed that you think I couldn't catch that knife."

I groaned knowing I wasn't going to win this argument. "We really have to stop meeting in the dark." I mumble instead, drawing Aiden's eyes to mine.

Fuck, he really can't look any more hot and he was now only in a t-shirt and sweatpants. Even in the dark his blue eyes shy away and pierced through it like a car through a rainstorm.

"I can agree with that." Aiden says, pulling at the end of my covers and pulling them over himself.

"Hey!" I speed over to where Aiden is now lying in my bed. "You have to go sleep in your own bed."

"But your bed is cozier," Aiden wines from under the sheets.

"Someone can see us."

"And that is why you lock your door."

"But what if someone goes to check on yo-?"

"Which is why I locked my door, what are you not getting? Locking doors saves secrets." Aiden wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me close.

"If only it was that easy. Fine, but free me, I need to change out of this suit." I said, gesturing to my outfit.

————————

"I need to stretch. Do you want to go down to the gym with me?" I say, sliding out of my bed and walking to my suitcase which still had all my clothes in it.

"Yeah, sure, ohh..." Aiden's sentence trails off.

"What's wrong," I say, turning around to see his eyes landing on my open suitcase.