Ch. 2

"Come in," my father states in a voice so full of command, if I didn't know any better, I wouldn't have thought he was asleep.

The man that found Aiden and I together pushed the door open and dragged me inside the office, dropping me to the ground in front of my dad's desk. What an asshole. Clearing my dad thinks so too because I can see his teeth subtly clenching and unclenching.

My dad is a scary man. Just with his 6 '3 height is enough to make anyone trying to look in his eyes topple over, but for his age he has managed to stay pretty fit and healthy. He also has this dark aura around him that I have been trying to master for years that makes anyone in his presence want to lower their heads.

Though, while I may not have completely mastered his aura, I was born with his dark, murky green eyes that pierce lasers into everyone that crosses them. Trust me it hurts.

"What was so important," my dad asks calmly, rising from his black leather chair. "That I had to meet you in this office at 1 am in the goddamn morning. And if you say it's because he went to a party I will rip your eyeballs out and feed them back to you," he says standing in front of the trembling man while holding a knife to his neck. Shit, he knows about the party.

"I-I promise this is important, Mr. Auclair."

"Out with it then," my dad says, already bored with this conversation.

"Your son is gay. I found him kissing a boy in a neighbor's backyard," the man spits out with disgust. But I guess that is a normal reaction for someone that works in the underground and black market.

You see while everyone around the world is starting to accept gay people, the underground is not. They fear that if their heir is gay, they wouldn't be able to have any kids to keep the bloodline going. Even if the couple did adopt the bloodline wouldn't be "pure". If parents were to find out about their child's real sexuality, most would force their children into arranged marriages and in the end most of the children would kill themselves. Or if the child got lucky, their parents would just disown them. Both ways it is still not great.

"Is he now," my dad says looking over to where I was sitting on the floor. "Do you have something you need to tell me Cameron?" He says with so much demand it sounds more like a statement. "Maybe you should tell me after you are not drunk, go sit on the couch." What?

My dad walks back to the man and shoves his knife into the man's mouth and slices off his tongue. The gooey pink object falls onto the red rug and blood fills the man's mouth. "That should teach you from telling lies about my son."

Dad walks to the door and gets the two guards standing in front. "Take this man down to the basement and leave him there."

The two guards scurry around the man and drag him away immediately closing the door behind them.

"Now since that is out of the way. Do you want to tell me what that was all about," dad says while sitting on the couch next to me. "You know a drunk man's actions are a sober man's thoughts."

I look over to my dad sitting patiently on the couch with his legs crossed. "I don't know," I mumble. And it's true. Dad always taught me to evaluate every aspect before I made a decision, but now I don't even know where to start. Yes I have always liked Aiden, he was my best friend. But do I like him in that way? Do I like boys in that way?

Even when girls flirted with Aiden I may have gotten a little jealous, but that's normal isn't it. I just wanted him to pay attention to me. I never did see girls the way my brothers have, but they always said I just wasn't old enough yet to understand. But I should be old enough now. What if I see boys in the same way they see girls?